Skip to main content

Day 4 - Your Thoughts On Religion

This is something that is very difficult for me.  I hate the subject.  Arguments ensue when religion and politics are discussed.  Wars are fought over religious beliefs.  Lives are lost over the fight of ideologies.  And - I hate the thought that because I express these thoughts, I will end up offending one, ten or the masses.  I hate this whole subject and nearly had a panic attack at the thought of even writing about this subject - so I am going to do my post - but, I may not give the post the attention that the challenge desires, nor probably deserves.

First and foremost - I am not religious.  I am not religious at all.  I have no desire to be religious.  At this point, I am apologizing to those who are shocked and dismayed at what I have to say.

However, that does not take away from the fact that I am devoutly spiritual in my beliefs, I just don't believe I have to go to a building to express those thoughts.  I feel that what I do in this life does reflect on what happens after this life is over - and I truly hope that I am a good person.  I respect my elders.  I put in an honest days labor when I am at work - and I feel I do my share of the work load; I even feel I go above and beyond when given the chance.  I love my family and they are first, foremost and integral in pretty much every step I take in my existence.  I try to be honest in everything I do, but, I am not above telling a white lie when it means sparing someone's feelings and doesn't damage something otherwise.  I pay my bills - for the most part on time, but, I have been known to be tardy (mostly out of laziness - not in an attempt to defraud or withhold).

But, I do have that side of me that is not so good - I can swear like a sailor, I can make inappropriate statements, I overeat, I lose my temper and patience, I may be judgmental at times, I have a tendency to gossip with friends and I enjoy an adult beverage and sitting at the penny slots when I get a chance.  Does that mean I am going to Hell - I don't think so - but, who knows?  I don't.

Only those that have left before us know the truth of what is going to happen to us once we are gone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Me!!

I turned 49 a year ago tomorrow.  I was all right with that.  I didn't really care.  But, about a couple of months after that, I realized that in less than a year I would be 50.  When my daughter turned 30, it really was a horrible feeling.  How could I have a 30-year-old daughter??  I am not old enough to have a 30-year-old daughter.  I also had to deal with my baby boy getting married last year - which made me feel like I really was getting older. I think it was after Crystal's birthday that I devised a plan.  I was going to take a couple of days off, I was going to get a hotel room - a hotel with a pool - and I was just going to hide out and ride it out.  I had it all figured out. Well, I decided that my kids might be a bit upset with me that I did this.  So, I went back to Plan B - I would do my usual and plan a "kids" birthday for me so that the entire family, including Zach and Chelsea, could have a good time.  I thought of going to Planet Play and setti

The Haunting

It's been a weird few days. I don't know what set me off. But, I've been thinking about Ted a lot. Mostly, I've been thinking about the night he died. And everything that happened that night. One of the girls I worked with lost her husband suddenly a couple of days ago. I'm not sure if that's what set me off - no, I'm pretty sure it is. So I've been going through old blog posts about our trips together. Looking at memories of our times together. We just had fun together and we just loved each other. Anyway, I've been reliving the night he died. Thinking about it pretty consistently. And the things that happened are truly haunting me. Like, how did he get where he was?? He and I had been sitting together and had literally just had an interaction. The interaction was, please sit back, you're blocking my view of the movie. And it was all done in hand gestures. But it was just so Ted. Completely and totally so Ted. Not even a few

First Date - - End of an Era!

It's no secret that Ted and I met on the internet. We jibbered and jabbered via Match.Com a few times and then he sent me his phone number. We won't go into details about what made me give him a call, other than I was in need of a boost. I gave him a call and he was "busy" for a bit working on his carbuerator (yes, I was shunned aside for a carbuerator) and he asked if he could call me back later. Well, he did call me later that night and we made arrangements to meet at Denny's on 3500 South and 2200 West the next afternoon. No, it wasn't a four-star restaurant, but it was a way for either of us to run or make excuses if things were not going well. We sat there for a few hours; I drank Diet Coke and Ted drank Iced Tea. We talked, mostly Ted talked, about stuff I had absolutely no clue about; I tease him a lot about everything he says pretty much floats above my head, because I have no idea what he is talking about. That was October 10, 2004. After a w