Skip to main content

Day 3 - Your Top 5 Pet Peeves

As I sit here, my beautiful blue lava lamp bubbling next to me, I ponder - what are my top five pet peeves?  I know of a couple right off the bat - but, I am going to have to think about the rest.  So - this one is pushing my brain a bit.

5 - This one is for my kids.  And mostly, it's because I have lacked in my instruction to you - as I have seen all three of my kids do this.  This pet peeve is about the incorrect usage of the words "your" and "you're".  Your is a possessional word like - it's mine, it's yours, it ours - something that belongs to someone; example - is that your doughnut (KayeLynn - hee hee  - I said doughtnut)?  You're is a contraction - as in you are.  It is connecting the two words; example - you're going to the store, correct?  Anyway, if people would use those two words correctly, I would be in a happier place in the world.

4 - I hate mean people.  I know that is rather cliche, but, I have been mad all day about a mean person.  A mean person I don't even know.  How could someone hurt a friend and so viciously.  This is what made me mad:  THIS .  I just don't see how someone could be so mean. AND - I don't know if I should be more mad at the woman for "forgiving her friend" - HEY LADY, your friend is an evil witch and I hope karma greets her soon!!  But, it just goes to show that I don't like mean people!!!  To do something crass and mean and hurtful is evil - if you are evil, you should think about where you are going wrong in your life - and beg forgiveness

3 - I detest litterbugs!!  Do not throw your crap out in the middle of parking lots - including old fast food, your baby's dirty diapers, your nasty garbage.  Do not throw your crap out of moving car windows - including your stupid burning cigarette butts.  Do not leave your beer cans, your soda cans, your water bottles lying on the ground. It's not that difficult to dispose of your trash, or your stuff you want to throw away.  There are trash cans at those parking lots you are throwing your trash into.  There are ashtrays in those cars you are driving.  There are trash cans at your home to dispose of cans and bottles.  GIVE A HOOT, DON'T POLLUTE!!

2 - I guess it's because my kids were raised with very little to no extra money.  They didn't have much, so I am proud that they are not like this and they know what they have to do to make their way in the world (and if I find out differently, they will get a piece of their mom's mind) - but, it's becoming more and more prevalent.  Self entitlement and spoiled rotten people!!  Life is not handed to you on a silver platter - you must work at it.  Happiness is not just thrown your way - you must work at it.  Money is not just given to you - you must earn it.  Respect is not deserved - it is earned.  Do not think because you walk the face of this earth, that you are entitled to anything more than what you work for and earn!

1 - My final one may seem a little silly to be my number one - but, it is the thing that makes me INSANE!!  I hate that people are so freaking lazy that they cannot walk twenty feet, ten feet, five feet, two feet to put a shopping cart in the stupid shopping cart corral!!!!  Why???  People!!!!  WHY????  It drives me so crazy, that you will see me taking one or two carts into the store with me when I go in.  The one that makes me the most crazy - when you walk up to the shopping cart corral and someone has parked the cart NEXT to it.  Why couldn't you put it in the corral?

So that's just a little view inside what makes Colleen's brain tick and makes her nuts!!!

Comments

  1. I can't believe she forgave a friend like that? And I have to agree with your #1 and #2 pet peeves because I hate both of them as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know the difference in your and you're. Just don't always use it. Their, there and they're bug me more. I agree with almost all of yours, I must have a lot of anger in me to have my own list and still agree with all of YOURS.

    And I'm sorry the doggy lady made you mad. Its an awful story. I will drive with you to slap her if you want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just noticed this freaking awesome REPLY button - - And wanted to say - I am glad you know the difference!! AND YES - let's go slap a mean doggy hatin' witch!!!

      Delete
    2. They just added the reply button! It was on facebook yesterday that its new. I was so excited! YAY!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Me!!

I turned 49 a year ago tomorrow.  I was all right with that.  I didn't really care.  But, about a couple of months after that, I realized that in less than a year I would be 50.  When my daughter turned 30, it really was a horrible feeling.  How could I have a 30-year-old daughter??  I am not old enough to have a 30-year-old daughter.  I also had to deal with my baby boy getting married last year - which made me feel like I really was getting older. I think it was after Crystal's birthday that I devised a plan.  I was going to take a couple of days off, I was going to get a hotel room - a hotel with a pool - and I was just going to hide out and ride it out.  I had it all figured out. Well, I decided that my kids might be a bit upset with me that I did this.  So, I went back to Plan B - I would do my usual and plan a "kids" birthday for me so that the entire family, including Zach and Chelsea, could have a good time.  I thought of going to Planet Play and setti

The Haunting

It's been a weird few days. I don't know what set me off. But, I've been thinking about Ted a lot. Mostly, I've been thinking about the night he died. And everything that happened that night. One of the girls I worked with lost her husband suddenly a couple of days ago. I'm not sure if that's what set me off - no, I'm pretty sure it is. So I've been going through old blog posts about our trips together. Looking at memories of our times together. We just had fun together and we just loved each other. Anyway, I've been reliving the night he died. Thinking about it pretty consistently. And the things that happened are truly haunting me. Like, how did he get where he was?? He and I had been sitting together and had literally just had an interaction. The interaction was, please sit back, you're blocking my view of the movie. And it was all done in hand gestures. But it was just so Ted. Completely and totally so Ted. Not even a few

First Date - - End of an Era!

It's no secret that Ted and I met on the internet. We jibbered and jabbered via Match.Com a few times and then he sent me his phone number. We won't go into details about what made me give him a call, other than I was in need of a boost. I gave him a call and he was "busy" for a bit working on his carbuerator (yes, I was shunned aside for a carbuerator) and he asked if he could call me back later. Well, he did call me later that night and we made arrangements to meet at Denny's on 3500 South and 2200 West the next afternoon. No, it wasn't a four-star restaurant, but it was a way for either of us to run or make excuses if things were not going well. We sat there for a few hours; I drank Diet Coke and Ted drank Iced Tea. We talked, mostly Ted talked, about stuff I had absolutely no clue about; I tease him a lot about everything he says pretty much floats above my head, because I have no idea what he is talking about. That was October 10, 2004. After a w