Skip to main content

CANCUN - Day Two

OK - I have an adventurous side.  I love to go do crazy, crazy things!!  So, I booked an ATV/Speedboat trip.  That was what Ted and I did today.  We had to be up early to get breakfast and get to the shuttle to take us to Morador.  Morador is pretty much a place that does touristy things; snorkeling, wave runners, ATV's, horseback riding.....all sorts of things.  The Corona people had put this out as a tour that you could book through them and so we went ahead and signed up - I thought it would be fun. 

I have done ATV tours before when I have been on cruises.  So I pretty much knew what to expect and it was fun.  Ted and I rode through the jungle and through puddles and such with about ten other people.  The first half was on level ground - most of it dirt.  There was this little pond in the middle and up on a rock was this turtle sunning himself - kind of cool. 

The second part was the speedboats.  There was five of us on the tour and the tour guide.  Ted and I could have taken our own boats, but, I thought it would be funner for the two of us to ride together.  The boat was out in the water - so I had to hoist my Chelsea described "big butt" up into the boat and in.  As soon as I got in, Ted goes, I guess  you're driving and he got in, too.  Now, I really didn't want to drive, I wanted to ride, but now I was stuck.  I think he was kind of proud of himself for it.  So we get going and the tour guide who I am following is driving like crazy and really fast.  We are bumping and bouncing and splashing through the ocean. He keeps turning left and turning right.  I am fine with the going straight, but those sharp turns are kind of freaking me out and I am screaming and laughing.  This was absolutely nuts!!!  But, oh my gosh, that was the funnest thing I have done in the longest time - there is nothing I like better than just laughing like crazy and I was laughing - - so crazy fun!!! 

When we were done, we went back to the hotel and were starved.  After getting cleaned up and combing the rats nest of hair on the top of my head, we went and had lunch at the Seaside Grill.  I had the most melt-in-your mouth steak ever. I felt bad, because Ted's was not nearly as delicious.   We went and hung out by the pool for a bit - I wanted to swim up to the bar and get me a Tango Mango - was really delicious.  Then when I got out of the pool and went up to the lounge chair, Ted said - "you know what, all I have heard about for months is running from the tiki to the beach and to the tiki and to the beach, why are we at the pool?"  I kind of had to agree - so we went down to the beach and spent about three hours sitting at the beach.  Ted napped and I ran from the tiki to the beach - a couple of different times.  The water is glorious!!  After my Tango Mango fell onto the lounge chair, I had another one made - and Ted paid homage to the sponsors of our wonderful adventure and had a Corona Light.  I had more daquiris served to me while sitting at the beach until my head was swimming.  So we decided it was time to go back to the room and get ready for dinner.  We ate at the Oceanside Restaurant - had a delectable dining experience - Ted had Mahi Mahi and I had beef tenderloin and shrimp.  We topped the night off by going and watching the movie on the beach - I froze my buttocks off - that ocean breeze can get cold!!

Tomorrow is another adventure!!!!!!

Comments

  1. OMG!! look how much fun! Hope you have the time of your life! Loving and Missing you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had the best time!! I am so glad we had the opportunity to do this. I would have loved even one more day!!

      Delete
  2. I'm so jealous!! Looks like tons of fun, I turned it up really loud so I could hear your laugh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I have laughed so hard in my life!!!

      Delete
  3. LOL!!! Your Sounded so funny!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was laughing harder than I have ever I think. And when we turned, I would go a little nutty - cuz it freaked me out - I was sure we were going to turn over!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Me!!

I turned 49 a year ago tomorrow.  I was all right with that.  I didn't really care.  But, about a couple of months after that, I realized that in less than a year I would be 50.  When my daughter turned 30, it really was a horrible feeling.  How could I have a 30-year-old daughter??  I am not old enough to have a 30-year-old daughter.  I also had to deal with my baby boy getting married last year - which made me feel like I really was getting older. I think it was after Crystal's birthday that I devised a plan.  I was going to take a couple of days off, I was going to get a hotel room - a hotel with a pool - and I was just going to hide out and ride it out.  I had it all figured out. Well, I decided that my kids might be a bit upset with me that I did this.  So, I went back to Plan B - I would do my usual and plan a "kids" birthday for me so that the entire family, including Zach and Chelsea, could have a good time.  I thought of going to Planet Play and setti

The Haunting

It's been a weird few days. I don't know what set me off. But, I've been thinking about Ted a lot. Mostly, I've been thinking about the night he died. And everything that happened that night. One of the girls I worked with lost her husband suddenly a couple of days ago. I'm not sure if that's what set me off - no, I'm pretty sure it is. So I've been going through old blog posts about our trips together. Looking at memories of our times together. We just had fun together and we just loved each other. Anyway, I've been reliving the night he died. Thinking about it pretty consistently. And the things that happened are truly haunting me. Like, how did he get where he was?? He and I had been sitting together and had literally just had an interaction. The interaction was, please sit back, you're blocking my view of the movie. And it was all done in hand gestures. But it was just so Ted. Completely and totally so Ted. Not even a few

First Date - - End of an Era!

It's no secret that Ted and I met on the internet. We jibbered and jabbered via Match.Com a few times and then he sent me his phone number. We won't go into details about what made me give him a call, other than I was in need of a boost. I gave him a call and he was "busy" for a bit working on his carbuerator (yes, I was shunned aside for a carbuerator) and he asked if he could call me back later. Well, he did call me later that night and we made arrangements to meet at Denny's on 3500 South and 2200 West the next afternoon. No, it wasn't a four-star restaurant, but it was a way for either of us to run or make excuses if things were not going well. We sat there for a few hours; I drank Diet Coke and Ted drank Iced Tea. We talked, mostly Ted talked, about stuff I had absolutely no clue about; I tease him a lot about everything he says pretty much floats above my head, because I have no idea what he is talking about. That was October 10, 2004. After a w