Skip to main content

CANCUN - Day one

Today, this has been a busy and exhausting day.  But, we have had a great time - but, it's only 9:00 and I am done exhausted!!

The day started with Ted's alarm going off at 3:30 in the morning.  He started turning on televisions and lights and stuff.  I had bathed and done all that stuff before going to bed last night, just so I could sleep clear until 4:00.  We had to be at the airport at 5:00.  I reminded him I was sleeping an extra half hour when he tried waking me up.

We got off to the airport and met Crytal, Brandon and LaDayna there.  Checked in and went to Burger King and had breakfast.  Angi and Bart met up with us there.  We flew to Phoenix and only had an hour before our flight to Cancun.  The gates in that area were CRAZY!!!  And everyone had to line up before boarding and show passports and such.  On that plane and headed to Cancun.  It was a four hour flight and a pretty good flight.  We arrived in Cancun at 3:00.  We went through Immigration and then you have to go through Customs.  At Immigration, you get your stamp and your documents checked over and then you go get your baggage.  Then you head and go through another security check where your baggage goes through an x-ray machine.  Once that is done, you turn in your customs form and then you push a button and if you get a green light you are free to go and if you get a red light you get a secondary check.  LaDayna worried about that secondary check the whole way -she got the red light.  Dang it!!  So did Angi and Bart.  It was pretty quick and we were on our way.  After that, it was like this crazy rush - we were looking for our people and they were looking for their ride.  We found ours and then Ted found theirs.  It was so crazy, I almost forgot to give them a big hug goodbye!!!  We bid our adios's and were on our way.

Ted and I were in a shuttle with two other couples who won the trip - a couple from West Jordan who won like I did and a couple from Portland who won through a photo contest.  We have hung out with the couple from West Jordan quite a bit.  What a ride - the highway was very nice and paved - but, once we got off the regular road and headed to our resort it was nuts.  At the end of the road where the turnoff is a petting zoo - with snakes and crocodiles.  The road was this bumpy mess and flooded and wet throughout.  We get through the gate and this nasty road has turned into the beautiful gated community pretty much with exclusive access - they take the license plates of every vehicle entering.  We got checked in and went to our room.

This room is AMAZING!!!  We have this beautiful jacuzzi tub, seperate shower, seperate little toilet room, two sinks, a balcony.  This room is crazy beautiful!!!

We went to the opening reception and dinner.  That was ok - I was rather starved and ready to eat.  We really hadn't had any real food since 5:00 this morning - so I was ready for food.  We hung out there and then went and did a little sight seeing.  It's dark now and nobody is in the pools or anything.  We went and sat in lounge chairs at the beach and looked at the stars.  You could hear the waves just hitting the beach and I finally couldn't take it any longer.  I took my shoes off and went looking for the water.  I got to the waters edge and kept going a little further, just to get my toes in.  All the sudden, there was a couple of bigger waves and they just engulfed my legs and soaked me.  I was loving it - I was out in the middle of the water and just laughing out loud.  It was so awesome.  Ted was still sitting in the lounge chair and said it was good I was laughing, because he knew I was all right out there - because he couldn't see me at all because it was dark. 

I have to say, I am the luckiest in the land right now - this place is amazing - the pools and such.  I haven't even gone looking for the dolphins yet because it was dark by the time we got back out and such.  I will find them, I promise!!!!

Comments

  1. Ok I'm going to say this one last time...You need to help me do all this sweepstakes stuff...I can't take it any longer listening to your incredible stories!! I hope you have fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will help you all I can!! I will try and keep you up with the really good ones!!

      Delete
  2. Man we really don't see each other at all. I didn't know you won a trip to cancun. ENJOY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SEEE!!!! We don't ever see each other anymore!!

      Delete
  3. You crazy kids stay out of trouble!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Me!!

I turned 49 a year ago tomorrow.  I was all right with that.  I didn't really care.  But, about a couple of months after that, I realized that in less than a year I would be 50.  When my daughter turned 30, it really was a horrible feeling.  How could I have a 30-year-old daughter??  I am not old enough to have a 30-year-old daughter.  I also had to deal with my baby boy getting married last year - which made me feel like I really was getting older. I think it was after Crystal's birthday that I devised a plan.  I was going to take a couple of days off, I was going to get a hotel room - a hotel with a pool - and I was just going to hide out and ride it out.  I had it all figured out. Well, I decided that my kids might be a bit upset with me that I did this.  So, I went back to Plan B - I would do my usual and plan a "kids" birthday for me so that the entire family, including Zach and Chelsea, could have a good time.  I thought of going to Planet Play and setti

The Haunting

It's been a weird few days. I don't know what set me off. But, I've been thinking about Ted a lot. Mostly, I've been thinking about the night he died. And everything that happened that night. One of the girls I worked with lost her husband suddenly a couple of days ago. I'm not sure if that's what set me off - no, I'm pretty sure it is. So I've been going through old blog posts about our trips together. Looking at memories of our times together. We just had fun together and we just loved each other. Anyway, I've been reliving the night he died. Thinking about it pretty consistently. And the things that happened are truly haunting me. Like, how did he get where he was?? He and I had been sitting together and had literally just had an interaction. The interaction was, please sit back, you're blocking my view of the movie. And it was all done in hand gestures. But it was just so Ted. Completely and totally so Ted. Not even a few

First Date - - End of an Era!

It's no secret that Ted and I met on the internet. We jibbered and jabbered via Match.Com a few times and then he sent me his phone number. We won't go into details about what made me give him a call, other than I was in need of a boost. I gave him a call and he was "busy" for a bit working on his carbuerator (yes, I was shunned aside for a carbuerator) and he asked if he could call me back later. Well, he did call me later that night and we made arrangements to meet at Denny's on 3500 South and 2200 West the next afternoon. No, it wasn't a four-star restaurant, but it was a way for either of us to run or make excuses if things were not going well. We sat there for a few hours; I drank Diet Coke and Ted drank Iced Tea. We talked, mostly Ted talked, about stuff I had absolutely no clue about; I tease him a lot about everything he says pretty much floats above my head, because I have no idea what he is talking about. That was October 10, 2004. After a w