Skip to main content

Giving Thanks - Day 5

Politics were always fun to me - anyway, the politics of the party I believe in.  It became a bit of a sticky wicket when Ted and I became close.  Ted and I are polar opposites when it comes to politics.  In fact, we joke a bit every election how we are just cancelling each other out.  It became a little less fun to me - because he is very staunch in his beliefs. I and especially my son-in-law Brandon are very staunch in ours (I had a hell of time getting that to be grammatically correct and I know it's still not).  It's actually so bad that I can't say, "I'm right" without Ted snickering and thinking it's funny - I always have to say, "I'm correct" to avoid any discussion about it.  That being said, I have banned any type of political discussion at family dinners, etc.   I even have to tell my mother to stop every once in a while - because I don't want any type of discord or raised voices in my home.  Family and politics don't mix.


Anyway - my love of the American system has always been a strong one.  Every time there was an election, I volunteered to be a poll station judge.  Every year, I would sit there for 14 to 16 hours and love every minute of it.  Until two years ago, I had sat at nearly every election for the last eight years.  I was devastated two years ago when I got so sick I couldn't make my assignment.  I had to call and tell them I had to be replaced.  This year, I am sad to say, I have had no desire.  In fact, I didn't even think about it.  It didn't interest me.  I am so sick of politics that I could scream.  I have watched endless posts on Facebook with people posting their opinions, pictures, stories, etc.   I am so sick and tired of negative attack ads I want to knock heads together - tell me what YOU are going to do - not try and scare me with what you THINK the other person is going to do.  I don't think I've seen one ad that portrays "this is my platform, this is what I am going to do, this is how I will fix it".

That being said - I am thankful that after tomorrow - most of the crap will stop.  I can't stand the idea of one more day of it.  I know that it may continue, but, I am hoping that it will slow down to a slow crawl.  I know that with a race that is as close as this one will probably be, things may not be settled until Wednesday or maybe even later (hence, Bush vs. Gore).  All I know is:

I am thankful that tomorrow is election day and this crap is done!!!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

CoCo's Journey - Ah, Shit!!!

I am exhausted.  Physically.  Mentally.  Is there anything else??  Because I'm sure that is exhausted, too. I went to the doctor today.  I knew it was going to be a lot of information.  I had made a list.  I had my notebook.  I printed out all of the information from my emergency room visit on Saturday to take with me.  Blood tests.  CT Scan.  Urine test.  Plus, I brought my CT scan from March, because I noticed on it that I have a small umbilical hernia.  I was ready.  And I knew what I needed to fight for. I also came armed with gifts.  I love this doctor and his medical assistant so much.  I took them a gift of tortilla chips and homemade salsa.  And I wrote a love note on the bag.  That is how much I appreciate him.  They both loved it.  It even made Hayley get a little weepy, cuz she was having a bad day. I gave him all of my documents, and he went through the blood tests and such fr...

CoCo's Journey - Pre-surgery thoughts

I've been hanging out in my house for the most part.  Hiding from germs.  Hiding from phlegm.  Hiding from coughs.  Hiding from sneezes.  Hiding from snot. Trying to stay healthy until surgery day.  Not that I can hide very well.  Roommate daughter is literally coughing a lung up.  So, she can only hang out with me if she is wearing a mask.  I am bathing in hand sanitizer when I remember.  I'm taking elderberry gummies with a bunch of zinc and vitamin C in order to boost my immunities.   Poor Roommate. Not that I would know much if I did have a cold.  My nose has been running constantly since the day Jeff was pushed up my nostril.  I have a constant sore throat, due to the tube rubbing in the back of my throat.  The worst part is when I'm laying down and roll onto my left side.  It starts to move around and I feel like I'm choking.  It doesn't do it every time, but most of the time.  And I don...

CoCo's Journey - Sleeping with Jeff AND Camilla

  Well, the day has come and gone.  I got my new and fancy attachment coming out of my face.  It was a horrible experience.  I thought I was going to go absolutely insane and take out the people putting it in me.  But, let's talk about it real quick. I got an NJ tube.  I thought I was going to be getting an NG tube.  What is an NJ tube?  It's a tube for feeding that is placed through the nose and snaked down past the stomach and into the jejunal.  The jejunal is in the small intestine.  The nasojejunal tube is more complex and has a few more risks than the nasogastric tube.  But, apparently, it's the best choice for me.   So let's talk about the actual procedure.  I knew from the beginning, when they squirted lidocaine in my two nostrils to kind of deaden it that it was going to be COMPLETELY horrible!!!  And then needed me to sniff it down to kind of deaden my throat, to make the tube a little more comfortable g...