Skip to main content

Giving Thanks - Day 25

I know this one isn't going to be people's favorite - but, here goes:

I am extremely thankful for Christmas music.  Not just Christmas music, but the oldies.  Bing Crosby, Rosemary Clooney, Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald.  Madonna's attempt at Santa Baby ain't got nothing on the smooth and sultry Eartha Kitt.  Burl Ives singing Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer is the only rendition that I believe in.  Nobody but Bing can sing White Christmas and Blue Christmas belongs to Elvis.

I won't allow Christmas music to be played until the day after Thanksgiving - however, once Thanksgiving is over, its the only music I listen to (pretty much) until December 26.  On December 26, I don't listen anymore.

My favorite singer at Christmas time is Dean Martin.  I love listening to Dean.  It wasn't until today that I realized why.  When I listen to Dean Martin he sounds like my dad did when my dad would sing.  That sweet baritone voice singing so clearly, so sweetly.  No, it's not exactly the same voice, but again it is the same.  It's like listening to my dad again, just close my eyes.  I never realized it until today.

My rule about Christmas music, though, made my mother-in-law say that she has had her fill of it already and  she was ready to go home - I guess six hours on the road with oldies Christmas music was enough for her.  I hope it's just the Christmas music - and not me!!! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CoCo's Journey - Ah, Shit!!!

I am exhausted.  Physically.  Mentally.  Is there anything else??  Because I'm sure that is exhausted, too. I went to the doctor today.  I knew it was going to be a lot of information.  I had made a list.  I had my notebook.  I printed out all of the information from my emergency room visit on Saturday to take with me.  Blood tests.  CT Scan.  Urine test.  Plus, I brought my CT scan from March, because I noticed on it that I have a small umbilical hernia.  I was ready.  And I knew what I needed to fight for. I also came armed with gifts.  I love this doctor and his medical assistant so much.  I took them a gift of tortilla chips and homemade salsa.  And I wrote a love note on the bag.  That is how much I appreciate him.  They both loved it.  It even made Hayley get a little weepy, cuz she was having a bad day. I gave him all of my documents, and he went through the blood tests and such fr...

CoCo's Journey - Pre-surgery thoughts

I've been hanging out in my house for the most part.  Hiding from germs.  Hiding from phlegm.  Hiding from coughs.  Hiding from sneezes.  Hiding from snot. Trying to stay healthy until surgery day.  Not that I can hide very well.  Roommate daughter is literally coughing a lung up.  So, she can only hang out with me if she is wearing a mask.  I am bathing in hand sanitizer when I remember.  I'm taking elderberry gummies with a bunch of zinc and vitamin C in order to boost my immunities.   Poor Roommate. Not that I would know much if I did have a cold.  My nose has been running constantly since the day Jeff was pushed up my nostril.  I have a constant sore throat, due to the tube rubbing in the back of my throat.  The worst part is when I'm laying down and roll onto my left side.  It starts to move around and I feel like I'm choking.  It doesn't do it every time, but most of the time.  And I don...

CoCo's Journey - Sleeping with Jeff AND Camilla

  Well, the day has come and gone.  I got my new and fancy attachment coming out of my face.  It was a horrible experience.  I thought I was going to go absolutely insane and take out the people putting it in me.  But, let's talk about it real quick. I got an NJ tube.  I thought I was going to be getting an NG tube.  What is an NJ tube?  It's a tube for feeding that is placed through the nose and snaked down past the stomach and into the jejunal.  The jejunal is in the small intestine.  The nasojejunal tube is more complex and has a few more risks than the nasogastric tube.  But, apparently, it's the best choice for me.   So let's talk about the actual procedure.  I knew from the beginning, when they squirted lidocaine in my two nostrils to kind of deaden it that it was going to be COMPLETELY horrible!!!  And then needed me to sniff it down to kind of deaden my throat, to make the tube a little more comfortable g...