Skip to main content

Giving Thanks - Day 10

What would my life be if I didn't acknowledge the nerdiest, dorkiest man in the world.  It's his birthday today and it was kind of sucky.  He wouldn't tell you it was - he glories in every minute.  I say it's sucky because there was over a foot of snow on the ground, I have been freezing every second of the day and I have had no desire to do anything but snuggle into anything I can to keep warm.

We went out for a bit for lunch - we had to take his rickety, ratty old Jeep Wrangler.  It smells horrible inside and bounces like crazy.  When he applied the brakes, the snow would slide from the roof into the front of the windshield.  At one point, we stopped at an intersection and all of the snow landed in front of the windshield.  It was quite the treat moving from the intersection into a spot where he could get the snow off the front of the windshield.  The only place I was ever warm was this morning in my bed - from the moment I got out of it, I've been freezing, cold to the bone, cold.

So back to Ted.  If this was my birthday - I would say it was the worst birthday ever.  However, he doesn't see life that way.  He says he is happy because he spent the day with me and that was all that mattered.  He is an amazing man.  I don't appreciate him as much as I should.  But, I know one thing - I am a very lucky woman.

Happy Birthday Baby - sorry it sucked.  Try to make it up to you tomorrow.  I am thankful every day that I have you (well, almost).  Kisses!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CoCo's Journey - Ah, Shit!!!

I am exhausted.  Physically.  Mentally.  Is there anything else??  Because I'm sure that is exhausted, too. I went to the doctor today.  I knew it was going to be a lot of information.  I had made a list.  I had my notebook.  I printed out all of the information from my emergency room visit on Saturday to take with me.  Blood tests.  CT Scan.  Urine test.  Plus, I brought my CT scan from March, because I noticed on it that I have a small umbilical hernia.  I was ready.  And I knew what I needed to fight for. I also came armed with gifts.  I love this doctor and his medical assistant so much.  I took them a gift of tortilla chips and homemade salsa.  And I wrote a love note on the bag.  That is how much I appreciate him.  They both loved it.  It even made Hayley get a little weepy, cuz she was having a bad day. I gave him all of my documents, and he went through the blood tests and such fr...

CoCo's Journey - Pre-surgery thoughts

I've been hanging out in my house for the most part.  Hiding from germs.  Hiding from phlegm.  Hiding from coughs.  Hiding from sneezes.  Hiding from snot. Trying to stay healthy until surgery day.  Not that I can hide very well.  Roommate daughter is literally coughing a lung up.  So, she can only hang out with me if she is wearing a mask.  I am bathing in hand sanitizer when I remember.  I'm taking elderberry gummies with a bunch of zinc and vitamin C in order to boost my immunities.   Poor Roommate. Not that I would know much if I did have a cold.  My nose has been running constantly since the day Jeff was pushed up my nostril.  I have a constant sore throat, due to the tube rubbing in the back of my throat.  The worst part is when I'm laying down and roll onto my left side.  It starts to move around and I feel like I'm choking.  It doesn't do it every time, but most of the time.  And I don...

CoCo's Journey - Sleeping with Jeff AND Camilla

  Well, the day has come and gone.  I got my new and fancy attachment coming out of my face.  It was a horrible experience.  I thought I was going to go absolutely insane and take out the people putting it in me.  But, let's talk about it real quick. I got an NJ tube.  I thought I was going to be getting an NG tube.  What is an NJ tube?  It's a tube for feeding that is placed through the nose and snaked down past the stomach and into the jejunal.  The jejunal is in the small intestine.  The nasojejunal tube is more complex and has a few more risks than the nasogastric tube.  But, apparently, it's the best choice for me.   So let's talk about the actual procedure.  I knew from the beginning, when they squirted lidocaine in my two nostrils to kind of deaden it that it was going to be COMPLETELY horrible!!!  And then needed me to sniff it down to kind of deaden my throat, to make the tube a little more comfortable g...