Skip to main content

My Honey Had a Birthday Yesterday

Yesterday was my adorable, geeky, nerdy, sweet, funny, bone-headed, stubborn, ornery, happy, handsome, smart, romantic husband's birthday.  He worked, I worked.  He and I are old enough that they really don't matter much anymore - life goes on. 


Wedding Day
I sure wish more people could see what I see when it comes to this man.  Although when I do get crazy enough to ask him a question, I know that whatever he tells me will most likely be true.  I have teased him from about day one in our relationship that he is the "smartest man I know".  It's true though - I have never seen so much information, trivia, smarts and geek in one huge brain.  Here is an example:  Roxann and I were talking about "dongles".  It is pretty much a computer term.  Roxann looked up the official term of it - and I said, "I bet I could send Ted a text right now and get pretty much verbatim that terminology" - so she challenged me to see what he would say.  This is the answer I got back:


"The device that attaches to a serial port or parallel port or a usb port that is interrogated by a piece of software for authorization to use that software.  If the dongle (actually a security key) is not found the software will most probably not work."
Now, in looking at that definition, I am sure most of you are thinking he looked that up.  BUT, he didn't - if I had asked him that question, after a ten-minute dissertation about the history and the background of a dongle, he would have spouted that very definition off to me - and probably pretty much in those words.  I have never known anyone to have that much superfluous information jam packed into one lunk-headed brain.  A very adorable brain, at that.


Not only is he smart, he is amazingly sweet.  He is thoughtful.  He loves me to distraction.  He also loves every one of his family and extended family beyond anything I could have ever imagined.  I may not always appreciate him, as I am sure he may rue the day he met me at times - but, for the most part, we are amazingly happy and content together.  


Who couldn't love a handsome dude like this?
I look forward to a lifetime of twenty minute dissertations of explanations (which I tend to tune out at about minute two), being couch potatoes together, Saturday shopping expeditions, weekend breakfasts, road trips, movie popcorn, holiday dinners, grandbabies, Old McDonald days and on and on and on and on and one.  I love spending time with you mister - glad you are in my life.


P.S.  I would love to spend some time on a beach with you - how about we make a plan of it?!?!?!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CoCo's Journey - Ah, Shit!!!

I am exhausted.  Physically.  Mentally.  Is there anything else??  Because I'm sure that is exhausted, too. I went to the doctor today.  I knew it was going to be a lot of information.  I had made a list.  I had my notebook.  I printed out all of the information from my emergency room visit on Saturday to take with me.  Blood tests.  CT Scan.  Urine test.  Plus, I brought my CT scan from March, because I noticed on it that I have a small umbilical hernia.  I was ready.  And I knew what I needed to fight for. I also came armed with gifts.  I love this doctor and his medical assistant so much.  I took them a gift of tortilla chips and homemade salsa.  And I wrote a love note on the bag.  That is how much I appreciate him.  They both loved it.  It even made Hayley get a little weepy, cuz she was having a bad day. I gave him all of my documents, and he went through the blood tests and such fr...

CoCo's Journey - Pre-surgery thoughts

I've been hanging out in my house for the most part.  Hiding from germs.  Hiding from phlegm.  Hiding from coughs.  Hiding from sneezes.  Hiding from snot. Trying to stay healthy until surgery day.  Not that I can hide very well.  Roommate daughter is literally coughing a lung up.  So, she can only hang out with me if she is wearing a mask.  I am bathing in hand sanitizer when I remember.  I'm taking elderberry gummies with a bunch of zinc and vitamin C in order to boost my immunities.   Poor Roommate. Not that I would know much if I did have a cold.  My nose has been running constantly since the day Jeff was pushed up my nostril.  I have a constant sore throat, due to the tube rubbing in the back of my throat.  The worst part is when I'm laying down and roll onto my left side.  It starts to move around and I feel like I'm choking.  It doesn't do it every time, but most of the time.  And I don...

CoCo's Journey - Sleeping with Jeff AND Camilla

  Well, the day has come and gone.  I got my new and fancy attachment coming out of my face.  It was a horrible experience.  I thought I was going to go absolutely insane and take out the people putting it in me.  But, let's talk about it real quick. I got an NJ tube.  I thought I was going to be getting an NG tube.  What is an NJ tube?  It's a tube for feeding that is placed through the nose and snaked down past the stomach and into the jejunal.  The jejunal is in the small intestine.  The nasojejunal tube is more complex and has a few more risks than the nasogastric tube.  But, apparently, it's the best choice for me.   So let's talk about the actual procedure.  I knew from the beginning, when they squirted lidocaine in my two nostrils to kind of deaden it that it was going to be COMPLETELY horrible!!!  And then needed me to sniff it down to kind of deaden my throat, to make the tube a little more comfortable g...