Skip to main content

Um - and then there was Ted...

OK - I don't really have an embarrassing story about Ted. OMG - I just lied!!! I do, I do!!!

A couple of years ago, we traveled to Orlando, Florida by way of Decatur, Alabama to go to Ted's brother Mike's wedding. The couple's story was very interesting to begin with (she asked him to be a sperm donor so she could have a baby - they were friends before that - he agreed - they had a baby together - when their son Max was about four, they realized they were in love - they got married).

Anyway, we went to Orlando for the wedding. It was the first time I got to see the Catholic in my husband - and I have to say, it made me love him even more to see that (I've seen it a couple of times since). So the only other sibling there, besides the two brothers, was Ted's sister Susan. Ted's family lives all over the country and it's difficult for them to get together like that. I have not even met all of them.

So, we are at the wedding. Very beautiful wedding, in a 100-year-old church with the most beautiful stained-glass windows ever. Very formal ceremony. There is a horse and carriage outside to take the bride and groom the three miles to the formal reception and dinner - so, what I am trying to say is - very nice wedding!! The reverend (it wasn't a priest, because it wasn't a Catholic church, but a Protestant church - so I think it was a reverend), goes through the ceremony - the church is very quiet, except for the sounds of the reverend and the vows being exchaged. They get to the part where they exchange rings. Corey puts Mike's ring on his finger. Mike is trying to put Corey's ring on her finger. He is fumbling for some reason and the ring doesn't go on. My husband, who thinks his voice is much quieter than it really is, makes the statement "fat fingers". That booms throughout the entire church. Corey starts to laugh, others gasp aghast, Susie flips her head around and looks at me and I have no idea what to do but to kind of smack Ted and say something like "why did you do that?" Luckily, Corey thought it was funny and Ted says he wasn't talking about her fingers, but he was talking about Mike's fumbling fingers.

I do have to say, with all his little silliness and non-realizations that he is really kind of loud, I am very lucky to have him in my life. I call him dork, I call him geek - but, I do that with love and care. I give him crap, I tell him I am going to kick his ass, I tell him I am going to beat him - he just smirks and says "promises, promises". I tell him I will divorce him and he says, "no you won't". He is pretty dang good to me. I am very lucky to have him in my life. For those out there who think I am mean, that I pick on him, that he is verbally abused somehow - you can kiss my butt, cuz that geek, that dork, that pain in the butt is just as lucky to have me as I am to have him. But, that doesn't mean I don't love him!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CoCo's Journey - Ah, Shit!!!

I am exhausted.  Physically.  Mentally.  Is there anything else??  Because I'm sure that is exhausted, too. I went to the doctor today.  I knew it was going to be a lot of information.  I had made a list.  I had my notebook.  I printed out all of the information from my emergency room visit on Saturday to take with me.  Blood tests.  CT Scan.  Urine test.  Plus, I brought my CT scan from March, because I noticed on it that I have a small umbilical hernia.  I was ready.  And I knew what I needed to fight for. I also came armed with gifts.  I love this doctor and his medical assistant so much.  I took them a gift of tortilla chips and homemade salsa.  And I wrote a love note on the bag.  That is how much I appreciate him.  They both loved it.  It even made Hayley get a little weepy, cuz she was having a bad day. I gave him all of my documents, and he went through the blood tests and such fr...

CoCo's Journey - Pre-surgery thoughts

I've been hanging out in my house for the most part.  Hiding from germs.  Hiding from phlegm.  Hiding from coughs.  Hiding from sneezes.  Hiding from snot. Trying to stay healthy until surgery day.  Not that I can hide very well.  Roommate daughter is literally coughing a lung up.  So, she can only hang out with me if she is wearing a mask.  I am bathing in hand sanitizer when I remember.  I'm taking elderberry gummies with a bunch of zinc and vitamin C in order to boost my immunities.   Poor Roommate. Not that I would know much if I did have a cold.  My nose has been running constantly since the day Jeff was pushed up my nostril.  I have a constant sore throat, due to the tube rubbing in the back of my throat.  The worst part is when I'm laying down and roll onto my left side.  It starts to move around and I feel like I'm choking.  It doesn't do it every time, but most of the time.  And I don...

CoCo's Journey - Sleeping with Jeff AND Camilla

  Well, the day has come and gone.  I got my new and fancy attachment coming out of my face.  It was a horrible experience.  I thought I was going to go absolutely insane and take out the people putting it in me.  But, let's talk about it real quick. I got an NJ tube.  I thought I was going to be getting an NG tube.  What is an NJ tube?  It's a tube for feeding that is placed through the nose and snaked down past the stomach and into the jejunal.  The jejunal is in the small intestine.  The nasojejunal tube is more complex and has a few more risks than the nasogastric tube.  But, apparently, it's the best choice for me.   So let's talk about the actual procedure.  I knew from the beginning, when they squirted lidocaine in my two nostrils to kind of deaden it that it was going to be COMPLETELY horrible!!!  And then needed me to sniff it down to kind of deaden my throat, to make the tube a little more comfortable g...