Skip to main content

KayeLynn's Moment in the Sun!!

It took a long time to figure out what to write about with KayeLynn. She's kinda a little bugger, cuz it really wasn't easy to remember anything. I asked her brother and sister and all they could think of was her dressing the cats up and putting them in a stroller to take them for walks around the block when she was little and they were kittens. I think about these stories and I wonder how in the world my children survived their childhood.

So after thinking about it, I thought I would discuss Aunt BooBoo's penchant for eating stuff that she shouldn't as a toddler.

I can't remember the chronological order of things, but, I can tell you that when KayeLynn was younger, I knew the number for Poison Control by heart.

I think the first thing I remember is laying on the couch with Crystal, watching television and realizing I hadn't heard anything from

KayeLynn for a while. You know that feeling, something's up!! I go in and check on her and she has started eating the laundry detergent that is sitting on the floor in the laundry room. Yeah, I know, way to baby proof mom!!! So I called Poison Control, they tell me what to do and to watch her and they will call back later. When they call, they ask a few questions and say that I should take her up to Primary Children's Hospital. So that's where we go. Her pediatrician calls while we are there and tells us that we can't go to Primary that we need to go to a hospital our insurance will cover - so we go to Pioneer Valley. They decide to admit her and put and IV in her little 18-month old foot (couldn't find a vein - not much has changed in her life!!). Most miserable night ever - she didn't sleep at all. I slept on the cot next to her - but, ended up with her sleeping on my belly with her little foot all wrapped up. Next morning, my sister (who was an x-ray tech there) shows up and they take her away for a upper GI to make sure she hasn't burnt her esophagus. All was fine, they sent her home.

About a year and a half later, it was her dad and my anniversary. We were walking in the grocery store and she had a nickle that she was playing with. Next thing I remember was asking her where her nickle went and her telling me she thinks she swallowed it. Went home and called her brand new pediatrician, who we hadn't even met yet and asked what to do. He says that we need to go to the hospital and have her x-rayed to make sure she didn't have it stuck somewhere. Spent my anniversary in the emergency room and got to see an x-ray with a little round circle in the middle of it.

We also called the because she ate Preparation H (when I was pregnant - ICK), cat litter (don't worry, it was out of the bag and not the box) and I think Carmex.

Next time, we will talk about Rodger!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Me!!

I turned 49 a year ago tomorrow.  I was all right with that.  I didn't really care.  But, about a couple of months after that, I realized that in less than a year I would be 50.  When my daughter turned 30, it really was a horrible feeling.  How could I have a 30-year-old daughter??  I am not old enough to have a 30-year-old daughter.  I also had to deal with my baby boy getting married last year - which made me feel like I really was getting older. I think it was after Crystal's birthday that I devised a plan.  I was going to take a couple of days off, I was going to get a hotel room - a hotel with a pool - and I was just going to hide out and ride it out.  I had it all figured out. Well, I decided that my kids might be a bit upset with me that I did this.  So, I went back to Plan B - I would do my usual and plan a "kids" birthday for me so that the entire family, including Zach and Chelsea, could have a good time.  I thought of going to Planet Play and setti

The Haunting

It's been a weird few days. I don't know what set me off. But, I've been thinking about Ted a lot. Mostly, I've been thinking about the night he died. And everything that happened that night. One of the girls I worked with lost her husband suddenly a couple of days ago. I'm not sure if that's what set me off - no, I'm pretty sure it is. So I've been going through old blog posts about our trips together. Looking at memories of our times together. We just had fun together and we just loved each other. Anyway, I've been reliving the night he died. Thinking about it pretty consistently. And the things that happened are truly haunting me. Like, how did he get where he was?? He and I had been sitting together and had literally just had an interaction. The interaction was, please sit back, you're blocking my view of the movie. And it was all done in hand gestures. But it was just so Ted. Completely and totally so Ted. Not even a few

Adios, Au Revoir, Goodbye....

So, tonight is my last night on the graveyard shift. It's been fun the days I've worked. I have to say, I really enjoy these up-all-nighters immensely. They are on the complete opposite spectrum of the "normal" people. Here are some final notes on my time here: Marla, Corey, Cheryl, Betsy, Nicole, Doug, Cortney, Angie, Natalie, Nathan, Amber, Jessica, Cliff, Leslie: STOP BEING SO DANG QUIET!!! I am not used to hearing NOTHING!!! I am used to people calling me constantly, I am used to having things to do, I am used to not sitting around and doing nothing!!! I have done nothing for an entire month - and my BUTT HURTS!!! My butt hurts from sitting in this chair and staring at the computer for TWELVE HOURS CONSTANTLY!! However, on the up side - I have completely loved being with you this month!! Watching Nicole's face in lineup when Diane is there is priceless. Nathan's litte quips and comments are hilarious. Cortney and his "touche" comment