Skip to main content

Paris - Day Deaux

Last night, Ted and I were pretty wiped out by the time evening came. We ended up at the hotel around 5:00 and did nothing else. We ordered room service, a couple of chicken sandwiches with "vegetable chipes". They are like potato chips, but not nearly as good. Kind of sweet. I don't know what kind of vegetables they use. I passed out around 8:00 and was gone. We both woke up around 1:00 in the morning (Ted said that at home, it was 5:00 p.m., so we were officially gone on vacation 24 hours at that point). I couldn't go back to sleep and was up for two or three hours. The only problem with insomina in France, I have nowhere to go!!! I can't get up and play on my computer or go watch TV - because Ted is sleeping in the same and only room. I finally went back to sleep and then didn't want to get up this morning. Ted finally forced me to get up and going by 9:00.

I got a gauffre for breakfast from a street vendor. It's just a waffle and I had them put strawberry jam on it. It was pretty yummy.





We went back to the Eiffel Tower this morning, intent on going up. In my "Dummies" book, it said to go first thing in the morning, then you wouldn't have to wait three hours to go up. THEY LIED!!! The line stretched and moved and S'ed around. It was crazy. We thought we were in line at one platform, but it snaked around and went way back to another one. We had been in line for over an hour when Ted noticed another one that was WAAAAY shorter. I thought for sure if we got into that line, we were going to get way to the front and be told we were in the wrong line and not be able to go up. But, we took a chance. This beautiful German woman behind us asked what the line was, too. Everyone in it was kind of confused. It was just kind of hidden away. She asked us to hold her spot in line while she went and got her husband and kids to get in the line, too. While in the line, the sign changed and said that the top level was closed. But there was no way, at this point, we were getting out of line. Right when we got up there to buy tickets, it changed and we were able to get tickets to go to the top. About 25 minutes later, we were on our first elevator to go to the second level platform. Five minutes after we got there, we were on the elevator to go alllllll the way to the top!! It was AMAZING!! It is so high up and even though it was foggy, we could see forever!!! I'm sure glad Ted found that other line, I think we were up and down before we would have even got to the front of the other line!!!






From there we walked back to the hotel and dropped a couple of souvenirs off, took a potty break and headed back over. We had bought tickets to go on a Pasta Cruise of the Seine River. We had to get back rather quickly to catch our boat. When we got there, there were no seats on the top, so we went ahead and sat on the lower level. I went up to order our pasta and glass of white wine that was included. It was hilarious!! It was this box (kind of like a chinese takeout box) that had pasta in it with an alfredo type sauce and some kind of meat in it, possibly chicken?? Since it started in a dehydrated state, I'm not sure what it was. The river cruise itself was great - saw so many beautiful and amazing sights. It was a beautiful experience.

When we were done, we walked over and got a tres-frommage panini and some frites. Since it was raining, we walked under the bridge and sat on the steps by the river and ate our sandwich and fries. I told Ted I had to have another chocolate-banana crepe before we headed back to the hotel!! They are to die for!!

We're kind of just sitting back now. Taking some time to relax. Then we're walking back and going to go get some pictures of the Eiffel Tower when the lights come on.




Tomorrow, we're going to go do some crazy walking. We're heading to the Louvre, Notre Dame and probably getting a closer look at the Arc de Triumph. And, hopefully, going to the Parisiens favorite ice cream spot!!!

Comments

  1. I bet it's amazing to say words like..."The Louvre", "Arc de Triumph", " tres-frommage panini", "Parisians" and "Frites" knowing you actually saw and ate those things. So lucky I'm sucking in every moment of your experience! But remeber try at least one thing you don't recognize in America! It will make you experience so much better!!! 80)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Me!!

I turned 49 a year ago tomorrow.  I was all right with that.  I didn't really care.  But, about a couple of months after that, I realized that in less than a year I would be 50.  When my daughter turned 30, it really was a horrible feeling.  How could I have a 30-year-old daughter??  I am not old enough to have a 30-year-old daughter.  I also had to deal with my baby boy getting married last year - which made me feel like I really was getting older. I think it was after Crystal's birthday that I devised a plan.  I was going to take a couple of days off, I was going to get a hotel room - a hotel with a pool - and I was just going to hide out and ride it out.  I had it all figured out. Well, I decided that my kids might be a bit upset with me that I did this.  So, I went back to Plan B - I would do my usual and plan a "kids" birthday for me so that the entire family, including Zach and Chelsea, could have a good time.  I thought of going to Planet Play and setti

The Haunting

It's been a weird few days. I don't know what set me off. But, I've been thinking about Ted a lot. Mostly, I've been thinking about the night he died. And everything that happened that night. One of the girls I worked with lost her husband suddenly a couple of days ago. I'm not sure if that's what set me off - no, I'm pretty sure it is. So I've been going through old blog posts about our trips together. Looking at memories of our times together. We just had fun together and we just loved each other. Anyway, I've been reliving the night he died. Thinking about it pretty consistently. And the things that happened are truly haunting me. Like, how did he get where he was?? He and I had been sitting together and had literally just had an interaction. The interaction was, please sit back, you're blocking my view of the movie. And it was all done in hand gestures. But it was just so Ted. Completely and totally so Ted. Not even a few

Adios, Au Revoir, Goodbye....

So, tonight is my last night on the graveyard shift. It's been fun the days I've worked. I have to say, I really enjoy these up-all-nighters immensely. They are on the complete opposite spectrum of the "normal" people. Here are some final notes on my time here: Marla, Corey, Cheryl, Betsy, Nicole, Doug, Cortney, Angie, Natalie, Nathan, Amber, Jessica, Cliff, Leslie: STOP BEING SO DANG QUIET!!! I am not used to hearing NOTHING!!! I am used to people calling me constantly, I am used to having things to do, I am used to not sitting around and doing nothing!!! I have done nothing for an entire month - and my BUTT HURTS!!! My butt hurts from sitting in this chair and staring at the computer for TWELVE HOURS CONSTANTLY!! However, on the up side - I have completely loved being with you this month!! Watching Nicole's face in lineup when Diane is there is priceless. Nathan's litte quips and comments are hilarious. Cortney and his "touche" comment