Skip to main content

The Women in My Life!!

I love the women in my life. They are all so beautiful and inspirational. Whether I'm related through blood or related through chance, I love them all. Some women give me so much inspiration. They are either there with me for minutes or for years - but, each one has touched me so much.

My mother: My mother has been on her own since 1995, when my father died. She inspires me so much. She'll be 82 in a couple of weeks. She has so much energy (though it has dwindled a bit) - but she still goes and goes and goes. She loves to travel. She loves to see the world. She had her own motorhome up until a few years ago, and she would drive herself down south during the cold times. She's always there for me and I love spending time with her.

My Girls:


Crystal: I would never have imagined what an outstanding woman she would turn out to be. She is probably the best mother I have ever seen. She is always trying to find things to do with her kids to help them learn and grow. She is there others, too. She loves completely and wholly.


KayeLynn: She has been dealt such a rough life. I imagine her being up in heaven prior to being born and God telling her that he needed a strong person to take on this future - and her telling him that she was the one to take this challenge. She has struggled with health issues all her life - but, she doesn't let her stop her. She works full time and goes to school. That alone wipes her out - but, she keeps on trucking. What a great woman.


Randi: Though, I haven't been able to get to know her very well. I do love this short little vixen. She loves her family so very much. I am sad that our time together is done (I really miss my grandbabies).

Melody: DeeDee made some poor choices in her early adult life. She has paid the price dearly. But, it appears that she realized what was important and changed the course of her life. I am so very proud of her determination to make her life and the life of her son to be better. Had she kept on the path that she was on, she may not be with us now - but, because she realized, she has turned into an awesome woman.

Kara: Though I don't speak with her now and she makes me sad, I do love her. How incredibly sad it is that she chose to destroy her relationships the way she did

My best friend: I tease Elaine all the time about her very social behavior. I told her that she wasn't a social butterfly, but a social hummingbird - - because she flits from one person to the other so quickly, that you don't even know where she is or what she is doing. However, I know one thing, she loves me dearly and I love her. She is such a beautiful person inside and out.

Other friends that inspire me:

Trynitee: What an amazing woman. She is working two jobs and training to run a marathon. Not to just run a marathon, but to raise money for a great cause. She's raising money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. A cause very close to my heart. I find her awesome for doing this!!

Rachelle: The attitude you show while battling cancer is amazing. Instead of us buoying you and keeping you up - you keep all of us up. You are truly an inspiration to all of us. If I ever have to face anything even close, I hope I can have half the courage you have exhibited these last couple of months.

I have lots of friends and family that I love so very much. There are my sisters, all so very different, but, I love them all so very much. They have always been there and have always been wonderful big sisters. There is my mother-in-law, who is so fun to be around when I get to be around her. She has shown me where Ted has got some of his funny habits that I love and hate. There is my friend Patti, who is my workout buddy and friend. She's always been such a great friend to listen to me and let me cry on her shoulder. There is my friend Carol, who I've always thought of as a mentor. There is now Sara, who though I've felt as a friend, I feel so much closer to her now that she and I work together like we do.

All these women, and more, have influenced me so much in the years. I love you all so dearly and thanks for being there for me!! (I wish I had pictures of everyone, but, sorry I don't)

Comments

  1. Oh I'm not sorry there is no pics of me! LOL Thank you for the sweet, nice stuff you said about me. I love'id you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You forgot to mention me, but that's probably because you don't know me that well. Once you get to know me, you can't help but love me. Just ask Tryn. She tried to dislike me for a very long time, but after 10 years, I finally grew on her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amberly, you would definitely fall in the "more" category!! And, I really would love you to help pimp my blog like you did Ms. Tryn's!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Me!!

I turned 49 a year ago tomorrow.  I was all right with that.  I didn't really care.  But, about a couple of months after that, I realized that in less than a year I would be 50.  When my daughter turned 30, it really was a horrible feeling.  How could I have a 30-year-old daughter??  I am not old enough to have a 30-year-old daughter.  I also had to deal with my baby boy getting married last year - which made me feel like I really was getting older. I think it was after Crystal's birthday that I devised a plan.  I was going to take a couple of days off, I was going to get a hotel room - a hotel with a pool - and I was just going to hide out and ride it out.  I had it all figured out. Well, I decided that my kids might be a bit upset with me that I did this.  So, I went back to Plan B - I would do my usual and plan a "kids" birthday for me so that the entire family, including Zach and Chelsea, could have a good time.  I thought of going to Planet Play and setti

The Haunting

It's been a weird few days. I don't know what set me off. But, I've been thinking about Ted a lot. Mostly, I've been thinking about the night he died. And everything that happened that night. One of the girls I worked with lost her husband suddenly a couple of days ago. I'm not sure if that's what set me off - no, I'm pretty sure it is. So I've been going through old blog posts about our trips together. Looking at memories of our times together. We just had fun together and we just loved each other. Anyway, I've been reliving the night he died. Thinking about it pretty consistently. And the things that happened are truly haunting me. Like, how did he get where he was?? He and I had been sitting together and had literally just had an interaction. The interaction was, please sit back, you're blocking my view of the movie. And it was all done in hand gestures. But it was just so Ted. Completely and totally so Ted. Not even a few

First Date - - End of an Era!

It's no secret that Ted and I met on the internet. We jibbered and jabbered via Match.Com a few times and then he sent me his phone number. We won't go into details about what made me give him a call, other than I was in need of a boost. I gave him a call and he was "busy" for a bit working on his carbuerator (yes, I was shunned aside for a carbuerator) and he asked if he could call me back later. Well, he did call me later that night and we made arrangements to meet at Denny's on 3500 South and 2200 West the next afternoon. No, it wasn't a four-star restaurant, but it was a way for either of us to run or make excuses if things were not going well. We sat there for a few hours; I drank Diet Coke and Ted drank Iced Tea. We talked, mostly Ted talked, about stuff I had absolutely no clue about; I tease him a lot about everything he says pretty much floats above my head, because I have no idea what he is talking about. That was October 10, 2004. After a w