Skip to main content

On a Journey

I FINALLY lost another six pounds.  It's been a slow journey.  The last time I got a five pound star was November 14.  Now I'm at 36 pounds down.  That has been a ten month journey.  I'm not losing fast,but I'm losing.  Slow, surely, slowly and sometimes even more slowly than that.  But, I'm losing.

Today, Ted and I had to go sign some papers to refinance our house.  Taking seven years off our loan!!  WOOT. Anyway, I put a pair of jeans on and they were really, really big!!  So I told Ted, these jeans are going in the bag when I get home. So  - when I got home, I decided it was time to do some purging!!
That's a big pile of clothes

All bagged up!!

I went through my closet to get rid of anything that was too large.  I don't intend on going back to my large size, so I decided it was time to get them out of my closet.  Anything that was too large was thrown out.  Including a beautiful jacket that I got three years ago when I knew I would be going on job interviews.  I spent a lot of money on it.  More than I've  ever really spent for something like that.  I wore it once.  To a job interview.  I got the job.  Never wore it again.

When I was still in my closet, arranging stuff, packing stuff up, I was talking to KayeLynn.  She says, "have you gone through your pants in the upstairs closet?"  I didn't remember having any pants up there.  So - when everything was cleaned up and ready, I headed up the stairs. Holy cow, I could not remember what was up there.  Jeans, slacks, dresses.  Galore!!  I went through, tried on all the pants.  Got rid of some.  Some of them, fit!!!  I had moved my smaller jeans upstairs.  So - I got rid of about eight or nine pairs of pants and jeans and found another five or six that did!!

Also upstairs, hidden away, was the dress I wore to my son's wedding, plus the extra one I bought, they fit - but are a little big.  Then there was the dresses I had for my daughter's wedding reception and the dress I had for my wedding reception/picnic.  Both of these events in the same year.  I was able to get them on!!! They are snug, but I could get them on!!!

Crystal and Brandon's wedding 2005

Today - same dress 
Ted and my wedding reception, 2005

Today

And finally, my awesome fanny packs.  I asked for them
for my birthday.  OK - I asked for one.  And I got three
I wanted something to hold my keys, phone/music and
wallet when I went to the gym.  They make me happy

For those of you who don't know, I was on Weight Watchers back in 2002.  I lost fifty pounds.  I was able to keep it off for almost three years.  After I got married to Ted, who had lost 100 pounds, and I became more sedentary, did not get enough movement in our lives and learned to eat things that were not good for us - again.  A year ago, my doctor told me I was diabetic.  I said, no way in hell am I diabetic and I'll show him!!   So - when I go back in a couple of months, I'm hoping that my newly found healthier ways have changed my body for the better.  I intend to live my years out being a healthier version of myself.  I still have a lot farther to go.  But, I am planning to get there.  Even if it is slowly, but surely.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Me!!

I turned 49 a year ago tomorrow.  I was all right with that.  I didn't really care.  But, about a couple of months after that, I realized that in less than a year I would be 50.  When my daughter turned 30, it really was a horrible feeling.  How could I have a 30-year-old daughter??  I am not old enough to have a 30-year-old daughter.  I also had to deal with my baby boy getting married last year - which made me feel like I really was getting older. I think it was after Crystal's birthday that I devised a plan.  I was going to take a couple of days off, I was going to get a hotel room - a hotel with a pool - and I was just going to hide out and ride it out.  I had it all figured out. Well, I decided that my kids might be a bit upset with me that I did this.  So, I went back to Plan B - I would do my usual and plan a "kids" birthday for me so that the entire family, including Zach and Chelsea, could have a good time.  I thought of going to Planet Play and setti

The Haunting

It's been a weird few days. I don't know what set me off. But, I've been thinking about Ted a lot. Mostly, I've been thinking about the night he died. And everything that happened that night. One of the girls I worked with lost her husband suddenly a couple of days ago. I'm not sure if that's what set me off - no, I'm pretty sure it is. So I've been going through old blog posts about our trips together. Looking at memories of our times together. We just had fun together and we just loved each other. Anyway, I've been reliving the night he died. Thinking about it pretty consistently. And the things that happened are truly haunting me. Like, how did he get where he was?? He and I had been sitting together and had literally just had an interaction. The interaction was, please sit back, you're blocking my view of the movie. And it was all done in hand gestures. But it was just so Ted. Completely and totally so Ted. Not even a few

First Date - - End of an Era!

It's no secret that Ted and I met on the internet. We jibbered and jabbered via Match.Com a few times and then he sent me his phone number. We won't go into details about what made me give him a call, other than I was in need of a boost. I gave him a call and he was "busy" for a bit working on his carbuerator (yes, I was shunned aside for a carbuerator) and he asked if he could call me back later. Well, he did call me later that night and we made arrangements to meet at Denny's on 3500 South and 2200 West the next afternoon. No, it wasn't a four-star restaurant, but it was a way for either of us to run or make excuses if things were not going well. We sat there for a few hours; I drank Diet Coke and Ted drank Iced Tea. We talked, mostly Ted talked, about stuff I had absolutely no clue about; I tease him a lot about everything he says pretty much floats above my head, because I have no idea what he is talking about. That was October 10, 2004. After a w