Skip to main content

Things I've Learned - - - in all these years.....


  • I can't force anyone to like me.  Either they do or they don't.
  • The only one who can allow someone to take me for granted is me.  If I allow it, it's because I truly love you and I feel there is a reason that you feel that need to do it.  If I don't allow it, it's because I've felt it's time to take a stand.  I can only take so much.
  • Pain will always be part of life - either mental or physical.  It's how you deal with it that makes you grow or flounder.
  • Moving forward is always the best way to deal with grief, sadness and depression.  Drowning in a quagmire of sadness will take you years to get over.  That doesn't mean that sadness and depression are not part of life - but, use your strength and move forward with whatever means are necessary.
  • I am the one responsible for my choices and decisions.  They haven't always been good.  But, I'm the one that has to live with those decisions.
  • Sometimes you have to make hard decisions.  Make sure you think hard and long before you do it.
  • Decisions should be made with both your head and your heart.  Don't use just one or the other to decide.
  • I love with my whole heart and I've raised human beings that do the same.  
  • I'm a nurturer.  I don't like people to feel sad. 
  • Working hard is good for you.
  • Sometimes relationships are broken beyond repair.  But, before you throw it away, make sure it can't be mended.
  • Sex is always better when love is involved.  
  • See as much of the world as you can in the time that you have.  There is amazing things to see beyond your back fence.
  • I have a very hard time dealing with egos the size of Alaska.  I'm sorry, you're not that perfect, neither am I.  I am very good at what I do - I won't accept doing anything half assed.  There are too many people in the world who think they know it all.  One day, they will learn that they don't.  
  • On the other hand, there is a whole lot of things out there that I have no clue about.  That is why the above people need to stop and realize that they don't know everything.  
  • I love to learn new things.  My retention now is not the greatest, but, I love to learn.
  • The best lesson I learned when I sold my house that I raised my kids in was to purge the crap.  If you're not using it, if you haven't seen it in years, if it's gathering dust - you don't need it.  Get rid of it.  Clutter will take over your world.  Get a handle on it.  
  • On the other hand - you don't live in a museum, you live in a home.  Home is to live in.  Take your shoes off, put your feet up, drink a cool, soothing beverage.  It's your refuge and you should spend time enjoying the down time.
  • Time spent with your children will always be more important than time spent cleaning your house.  Spend time with your kids and spend thirty to sixty minutes after they go to bed cleaning up.  
  • The smartest thing I ever did was marry the smartest man in the world.  He is a man who loves with his whole heart and loves being loved.  Nobody has ever been more amazing and trusts me more than this man.  That means the world to me.
  • I love my stepdaughters.  I have three.  I have two that I talk to regularly. I love their children - they are my grandchildren. I love the relationship I have with them.  I have one that I've lost to betrayal and lies.  But, I love each and every one of them.  
  • Being a grandmother is probably the most awesome things in the world.  Watching the people you made make people of their own is amazing.  Watching two of those babies come into the world was the biggest blessing and gift anyone has ever given to me - thank you Crystal.
  • I've raised beautiful, amazing, lovely people.  I don't know what I did to deserve them, but, they are some of the most amazing people I know.  They are my kids, they are my friends, they are my everything.  I would give up my life in a minute if it meant saving theirs or their children's.  
  • Family first.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Me!!

I turned 49 a year ago tomorrow.  I was all right with that.  I didn't really care.  But, about a couple of months after that, I realized that in less than a year I would be 50.  When my daughter turned 30, it really was a horrible feeling.  How could I have a 30-year-old daughter??  I am not old enough to have a 30-year-old daughter.  I also had to deal with my baby boy getting married last year - which made me feel like I really was getting older. I think it was after Crystal's birthday that I devised a plan.  I was going to take a couple of days off, I was going to get a hotel room - a hotel with a pool - and I was just going to hide out and ride it out.  I had it all figured out. Well, I decided that my kids might be a bit upset with me that I did this.  So, I went back to Plan B - I would do my usual and plan a "kids" birthday for me so that the entire family, including Zach and Chelsea, could have a good time.  I thought of going to Planet Play and setti

The Haunting

It's been a weird few days. I don't know what set me off. But, I've been thinking about Ted a lot. Mostly, I've been thinking about the night he died. And everything that happened that night. One of the girls I worked with lost her husband suddenly a couple of days ago. I'm not sure if that's what set me off - no, I'm pretty sure it is. So I've been going through old blog posts about our trips together. Looking at memories of our times together. We just had fun together and we just loved each other. Anyway, I've been reliving the night he died. Thinking about it pretty consistently. And the things that happened are truly haunting me. Like, how did he get where he was?? He and I had been sitting together and had literally just had an interaction. The interaction was, please sit back, you're blocking my view of the movie. And it was all done in hand gestures. But it was just so Ted. Completely and totally so Ted. Not even a few

First Date - - End of an Era!

It's no secret that Ted and I met on the internet. We jibbered and jabbered via Match.Com a few times and then he sent me his phone number. We won't go into details about what made me give him a call, other than I was in need of a boost. I gave him a call and he was "busy" for a bit working on his carbuerator (yes, I was shunned aside for a carbuerator) and he asked if he could call me back later. Well, he did call me later that night and we made arrangements to meet at Denny's on 3500 South and 2200 West the next afternoon. No, it wasn't a four-star restaurant, but it was a way for either of us to run or make excuses if things were not going well. We sat there for a few hours; I drank Diet Coke and Ted drank Iced Tea. We talked, mostly Ted talked, about stuff I had absolutely no clue about; I tease him a lot about everything he says pretty much floats above my head, because I have no idea what he is talking about. That was October 10, 2004. After a w