Skip to main content

Happy Birthday Rustie!


I have a new member of my family. She is rather adorable. She officially became a member just nine days ago when she married my son.

So far, this is what I know of Rustie. She is not a conventional girly girl - she abhors pink; but, she does love to go shopping for clothes - especially at RUE21, she likes getting her nails done and such. She really rocked the most beautiful wedding dress I have ever seen - she's got a very lovely shape to make it fill out, just the right curves. She loves her animals and treats them well, but, she knows when to put the hammer down if they are being disobedient (mostly my cute Ozzy Dog). She and my son (her husband - EEK) communicate so well, it's freaking frightening. They know more about each other in these last thirteen or so months than Ted and I do in seven years. Hell, I don't know who Ted's favorite super hero is. I don't think I even know what Ted's favorite color is (however, I could probably guess and get it right). She is a diabetic that does an awesome job of taking care of herself as best she can - she eats every four hours like she is supposed to, she counts her carbs like she is supposed to, she injects herself with insulin like she is supposed to - doesn't mean that she still doesn't have quite a few issues with her diabetes, but, she does everything she can to take care of it the best she can. The most important thing I think I can tell you about her is; she loves my son with total abandon and he loves her back with all his heart.



Anyway, this little firecracker that I call Cute Stuff is having a birthday tomorrow. She will be 21-years-old. I gave her a birthday dinner (or lunch in their book). I made, at her request, Chicken Fettucini Alfredo. Added to that were green beans, garlic bread and green salad. I have to say OMG!! I made an awesome alfredo sauce!! I was really worried about it - and was ready to run to the grocery store to get a couple of jars - but, no need - it was pretty dang YUMMY!!

OK - off my soap box of how awesome I find myself. I find Rustie an adorable, sweet and fun new member of my family. I am excited to spend the rest of my lifetime getting to know her better. I love her already!! Happy Birthday Cute Stuff.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Me!!

I turned 49 a year ago tomorrow.  I was all right with that.  I didn't really care.  But, about a couple of months after that, I realized that in less than a year I would be 50.  When my daughter turned 30, it really was a horrible feeling.  How could I have a 30-year-old daughter??  I am not old enough to have a 30-year-old daughter.  I also had to deal with my baby boy getting married last year - which made me feel like I really was getting older. I think it was after Crystal's birthday that I devised a plan.  I was going to take a couple of days off, I was going to get a hotel room - a hotel with a pool - and I was just going to hide out and ride it out.  I had it all figured out. Well, I decided that my kids might be a bit upset with me that I did this.  So, I went back to Plan B - I would do my usual and plan a "kids" birthday for me so that the entire family, including Zach and Chelsea, could have a good time.  I thought of going to Planet Play and setti

The Haunting

It's been a weird few days. I don't know what set me off. But, I've been thinking about Ted a lot. Mostly, I've been thinking about the night he died. And everything that happened that night. One of the girls I worked with lost her husband suddenly a couple of days ago. I'm not sure if that's what set me off - no, I'm pretty sure it is. So I've been going through old blog posts about our trips together. Looking at memories of our times together. We just had fun together and we just loved each other. Anyway, I've been reliving the night he died. Thinking about it pretty consistently. And the things that happened are truly haunting me. Like, how did he get where he was?? He and I had been sitting together and had literally just had an interaction. The interaction was, please sit back, you're blocking my view of the movie. And it was all done in hand gestures. But it was just so Ted. Completely and totally so Ted. Not even a few

Adios, Au Revoir, Goodbye....

So, tonight is my last night on the graveyard shift. It's been fun the days I've worked. I have to say, I really enjoy these up-all-nighters immensely. They are on the complete opposite spectrum of the "normal" people. Here are some final notes on my time here: Marla, Corey, Cheryl, Betsy, Nicole, Doug, Cortney, Angie, Natalie, Nathan, Amber, Jessica, Cliff, Leslie: STOP BEING SO DANG QUIET!!! I am not used to hearing NOTHING!!! I am used to people calling me constantly, I am used to having things to do, I am used to not sitting around and doing nothing!!! I have done nothing for an entire month - and my BUTT HURTS!!! My butt hurts from sitting in this chair and staring at the computer for TWELVE HOURS CONSTANTLY!! However, on the up side - I have completely loved being with you this month!! Watching Nicole's face in lineup when Diane is there is priceless. Nathan's litte quips and comments are hilarious. Cortney and his "touche" comment