Skip to main content

Disneyland - Day One!!

We went to Disneyland for our first day. This is a trip of all girls. All grown up girls!! Some would see us as a group of elderly, old ladies. I am here with my four sisters (one is my brother's wife) and my 82-year-old mother.

It started out with the six of us getting up and ready for our "early" entrance and trying to get six women ready with one bathroom (we did have two sinks) is not easy!



The even more comical part was the six of us trying to find a way to the park. Here we are, walking hotel to hotel trying to find out how to get on the bus. A different story was told at each hotel how to get there. Eventually, a city bus came along and told us there was another one coming that would go to the park. The driver on that bus looked at us like we were ABSOLUTELY FREAKING CRAZY!!! He just told us to get on the bus and didn't charge us. Took us around to the other street and let us off in front of the park.

We then went and got a wheelchair and we were off!! We did the usual stuff, however, we did it MUCH FASTER!! They pretty much have California Adventure set up where wheelchairs go through the usual entrances, but, at Disneyland, you go through the exit and get on quicker. We flew through pretty much every line...it was rather awesome. And we didn't do it to do that, my 82-year-old mama needed the wheelchair. She can walk, but, she has a bum back and a bum knee, so she really did need the chair.

Wendy and I got our faces painted!!! We were so freaking adorable!!! We had twinsy flowers on our cutest faces!!




We ended the day by going over to California Adventure to see the new show, The World of Color. It's like Fantasmic, but different music, etc. It was really cool. Before we went there, we went on Soaring Over California. It was Wendy and my sister Cheryl's first time. I love going on that ride with people for their very first time, because it is so amazing!! I love telling them to SMELL the pine, the oranges, the ocean!!





Today, we are going back to California Adventure. It's gonna be another LONG day, but I am having the time of my life with my sister's and my mom!!!

Comments

  1. I'm jealous but glad your having a great time. You needed a break from all the hubbub! Enjoy it. Your bus story reminds me of when Josh and I were in D.C. and we got on the merto to go to the arts museum only to find out we walked 6 blocks to the same spot we got on the metro and there it was a block away! Bahhh lol

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Me!!

I turned 49 a year ago tomorrow.  I was all right with that.  I didn't really care.  But, about a couple of months after that, I realized that in less than a year I would be 50.  When my daughter turned 30, it really was a horrible feeling.  How could I have a 30-year-old daughter??  I am not old enough to have a 30-year-old daughter.  I also had to deal with my baby boy getting married last year - which made me feel like I really was getting older. I think it was after Crystal's birthday that I devised a plan.  I was going to take a couple of days off, I was going to get a hotel room - a hotel with a pool - and I was just going to hide out and ride it out.  I had it all figured out. Well, I decided that my kids might be a bit upset with me that I did this.  So, I went back to Plan B - I would do my usual and plan a "kids" birthday for me so that the entire family, including Zach and Chelsea, could have a good time.  I thought of going to Planet Play and setti

The Haunting

It's been a weird few days. I don't know what set me off. But, I've been thinking about Ted a lot. Mostly, I've been thinking about the night he died. And everything that happened that night. One of the girls I worked with lost her husband suddenly a couple of days ago. I'm not sure if that's what set me off - no, I'm pretty sure it is. So I've been going through old blog posts about our trips together. Looking at memories of our times together. We just had fun together and we just loved each other. Anyway, I've been reliving the night he died. Thinking about it pretty consistently. And the things that happened are truly haunting me. Like, how did he get where he was?? He and I had been sitting together and had literally just had an interaction. The interaction was, please sit back, you're blocking my view of the movie. And it was all done in hand gestures. But it was just so Ted. Completely and totally so Ted. Not even a few

Adios, Au Revoir, Goodbye....

So, tonight is my last night on the graveyard shift. It's been fun the days I've worked. I have to say, I really enjoy these up-all-nighters immensely. They are on the complete opposite spectrum of the "normal" people. Here are some final notes on my time here: Marla, Corey, Cheryl, Betsy, Nicole, Doug, Cortney, Angie, Natalie, Nathan, Amber, Jessica, Cliff, Leslie: STOP BEING SO DANG QUIET!!! I am not used to hearing NOTHING!!! I am used to people calling me constantly, I am used to having things to do, I am used to not sitting around and doing nothing!!! I have done nothing for an entire month - and my BUTT HURTS!!! My butt hurts from sitting in this chair and staring at the computer for TWELVE HOURS CONSTANTLY!! However, on the up side - I have completely loved being with you this month!! Watching Nicole's face in lineup when Diane is there is priceless. Nathan's litte quips and comments are hilarious. Cortney and his "touche" comment