Skip to main content

Not Doing Too Great - My Life is UPSIDE DOWN!!


So, this is my third week of graveyards and I have five more shifts to go, including the one today. Now, I really am enjoying my time here, but I have never felt so discombobulated as I do these last few weeks. I don't know if it's because of everything else that is going on or if it's just the change of hours. I have the added stresses of working days I am not used to - mainly Saturday!! Adjusting my hours come Sundays - I forgot how bad that is, going home at 5:30 in the morning and making yourself wake up after a few hours just so you can go to bed that night and be a real person. Plus, trying to help plan a wedding can really throw you for a loop!! But, alas, that seems to be chugging along really well right now - - and I am getting excited for it (to be done!!).

I do have to say that I am loving the people I am working with - - much more laid back, much more accepting of changes, and just plain quiet!! At first, I didn't know how to deal with the quiet. I am used to hearing "Colleen" or "Wiener" about twenty times an hour. I am used to finding things to do to keep me busy. Now I just sit here and nobody really cares if I am here or not. I sometimes have to go out amongst them to make sure they know I am awake and I am here!! I do have to say, the free time has kind of been amazing and I may just be getting used to it!! Oh well, that's neither here nor there - cuz come January 30th, the alarm clock will be shouting at me at 4:45 a.m. yet again!!

Comments

  1. PS I WANT YOU TO KNOW I DO READ YOU BLOG SO THERE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I care that your here. I am enjoying having you back on graves. Yes it tuff when it comes to weekends & flipping back to a regular person, but just look at us. We are a peaceful, quiet type of crew. I DO CARE and I will miss you come 1-30-11.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

CoCo's Journey - Ah, Shit!!!

I am exhausted.  Physically.  Mentally.  Is there anything else??  Because I'm sure that is exhausted, too. I went to the doctor today.  I knew it was going to be a lot of information.  I had made a list.  I had my notebook.  I printed out all of the information from my emergency room visit on Saturday to take with me.  Blood tests.  CT Scan.  Urine test.  Plus, I brought my CT scan from March, because I noticed on it that I have a small umbilical hernia.  I was ready.  And I knew what I needed to fight for. I also came armed with gifts.  I love this doctor and his medical assistant so much.  I took them a gift of tortilla chips and homemade salsa.  And I wrote a love note on the bag.  That is how much I appreciate him.  They both loved it.  It even made Hayley get a little weepy, cuz she was having a bad day. I gave him all of my documents, and he went through the blood tests and such fr...

CoCo's Journey - Pre-surgery thoughts

I've been hanging out in my house for the most part.  Hiding from germs.  Hiding from phlegm.  Hiding from coughs.  Hiding from sneezes.  Hiding from snot. Trying to stay healthy until surgery day.  Not that I can hide very well.  Roommate daughter is literally coughing a lung up.  So, she can only hang out with me if she is wearing a mask.  I am bathing in hand sanitizer when I remember.  I'm taking elderberry gummies with a bunch of zinc and vitamin C in order to boost my immunities.   Poor Roommate. Not that I would know much if I did have a cold.  My nose has been running constantly since the day Jeff was pushed up my nostril.  I have a constant sore throat, due to the tube rubbing in the back of my throat.  The worst part is when I'm laying down and roll onto my left side.  It starts to move around and I feel like I'm choking.  It doesn't do it every time, but most of the time.  And I don...

CoCo's Journey - Sleeping with Jeff AND Camilla

  Well, the day has come and gone.  I got my new and fancy attachment coming out of my face.  It was a horrible experience.  I thought I was going to go absolutely insane and take out the people putting it in me.  But, let's talk about it real quick. I got an NJ tube.  I thought I was going to be getting an NG tube.  What is an NJ tube?  It's a tube for feeding that is placed through the nose and snaked down past the stomach and into the jejunal.  The jejunal is in the small intestine.  The nasojejunal tube is more complex and has a few more risks than the nasogastric tube.  But, apparently, it's the best choice for me.   So let's talk about the actual procedure.  I knew from the beginning, when they squirted lidocaine in my two nostrils to kind of deaden it that it was going to be COMPLETELY horrible!!!  And then needed me to sniff it down to kind of deaden my throat, to make the tube a little more comfortable g...