Skip to main content

What Did I Do?

So, I live in a PUD. It's got some great perks. I don't have to shovel my driveway, because I pay to have someone else to do it through my HOA dues. I don't have to mow my front lawn, because I pay someone else to do it through my HOA dues. I don't pay a water bill, because I pay that through my HOA bills. So, like I said, there are definite perks.

However, the last newsletter had an item that concerned me because they had two board member openings and nobody was volunteering to do it. They said that if nobody volunteered, they may have to turn over the duties to a management company. This would come with a probable hefty increase of the homeowner dues. Now, I am just getting to a point that I am comfortable and able to make sure my bills are paid without much stress - with a little left over to get some debt paid off, hopefully completely out of debt, within the next three to four years. So, the idea of a hefty increase was not something I wanted to consider, so I said I would serve on the board.

Now, tonight was my very first board meeting. Oh my gosh, what an interesting group. There is the treasurer, Sandy, funny and sweet. There is the president Mike, a retired UHP trooper, big and booming voice. There are two other guys, I know one's name is Dee. There is Gale, she is an older woman and she doesn't want to be on the board anymore - so she'll be done here soon. Then there is the secretary, Kim, HOLY CRAP. She is hilarious. She is a self proclaimed athiest, who doesn't hold anything back. She is so funny and I can't wait to get to know her more. I now know who all the people are that don't pay their dues. I know who the guy is that has the lein on his house becaue he has never paid his dues. It's absolutely crazy.

Anyway, apparently this was a little slice of what my life will be like for the next two years (and probably longer, as Sandy and Kim say they have been stuck there for six years each). However, it should be an interesting deal, I'm kind of excited about it - will probably change my mind eventually, though.

Comments

  1. I get so much of my personality from you! I love it! All those times that I said I would do something because I was afraid of what would happen if no one volunteered (can we say coaching soccer?) Now I know why I do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your a great supervisor & I'm sure you will be a great board memeber!!! (remember to just use your mother voice!) It works for me for all those "persons" that can't hear on the radio at 7am!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

CoCo's Journey - Ah, Shit!!!

I am exhausted.  Physically.  Mentally.  Is there anything else??  Because I'm sure that is exhausted, too. I went to the doctor today.  I knew it was going to be a lot of information.  I had made a list.  I had my notebook.  I printed out all of the information from my emergency room visit on Saturday to take with me.  Blood tests.  CT Scan.  Urine test.  Plus, I brought my CT scan from March, because I noticed on it that I have a small umbilical hernia.  I was ready.  And I knew what I needed to fight for. I also came armed with gifts.  I love this doctor and his medical assistant so much.  I took them a gift of tortilla chips and homemade salsa.  And I wrote a love note on the bag.  That is how much I appreciate him.  They both loved it.  It even made Hayley get a little weepy, cuz she was having a bad day. I gave him all of my documents, and he went through the blood tests and such fr...

CoCo's Journey - Pre-surgery thoughts

I've been hanging out in my house for the most part.  Hiding from germs.  Hiding from phlegm.  Hiding from coughs.  Hiding from sneezes.  Hiding from snot. Trying to stay healthy until surgery day.  Not that I can hide very well.  Roommate daughter is literally coughing a lung up.  So, she can only hang out with me if she is wearing a mask.  I am bathing in hand sanitizer when I remember.  I'm taking elderberry gummies with a bunch of zinc and vitamin C in order to boost my immunities.   Poor Roommate. Not that I would know much if I did have a cold.  My nose has been running constantly since the day Jeff was pushed up my nostril.  I have a constant sore throat, due to the tube rubbing in the back of my throat.  The worst part is when I'm laying down and roll onto my left side.  It starts to move around and I feel like I'm choking.  It doesn't do it every time, but most of the time.  And I don...

CoCo's Journey - Sleeping with Jeff AND Camilla

  Well, the day has come and gone.  I got my new and fancy attachment coming out of my face.  It was a horrible experience.  I thought I was going to go absolutely insane and take out the people putting it in me.  But, let's talk about it real quick. I got an NJ tube.  I thought I was going to be getting an NG tube.  What is an NJ tube?  It's a tube for feeding that is placed through the nose and snaked down past the stomach and into the jejunal.  The jejunal is in the small intestine.  The nasojejunal tube is more complex and has a few more risks than the nasogastric tube.  But, apparently, it's the best choice for me.   So let's talk about the actual procedure.  I knew from the beginning, when they squirted lidocaine in my two nostrils to kind of deaden it that it was going to be COMPLETELY horrible!!!  And then needed me to sniff it down to kind of deaden my throat, to make the tube a little more comfortable g...