Skip to main content

HALLOWEEN!!!

For some reason, Halloween is my very favorite holiday. I don't know if it's the weather. I don't know if it's the kids. I don't know if it's the heathen inside of me. Whatever it is, it's my very favorite. And though I don't know if I agree with the whole trick or treat on Saturday when Halloween lands on Sunday, I have to say what happens is that Halloween becomes not just a day, but a whole weekend!! It's quite awesome and it started on Thursday.



Thursday was Zachary's class party and Halloween parade. This is kindergarten and so fun!! I got to see his teacher for the first time, what an awesome lady!!



Then on Friday, Crystal, Zachary, Chelsea and I went to my work to do some trick or treating there. It's kind of been a bit of a tradition since Zach was born for us to go. It was a lot of fun. We started out by going to "Old McDonalds" and having lunch after Chelsea got out of preschool.




Saturday, in Utah, was trick or treating day. It was so fun. Crystal and Brandon brought the kids over early, so we could see them. I was so happy they squoze me into their very busy day.



We kind of go a little crazy at my house for the trick or treaters. I make whole bags of goodies for the kiddos - that include a package of microwave popcorn, a couple of candy bars and a small little treat (like a spider ring) and put them all in a Halloween quart baggie. We had 75 this year and we ran out!! We had extra candy and popcorn on hand, so we didn't run completely out of stuff. Plus, Ted had some glow sticks that he gave out, which the kids thought were awesome. It's hilarious to listen to Ted give out the treats to the kids. Usually I would try to take over, but listening to him is absolutely so much fun. He tries to make the kids trade him for a treats. He also will try and talk them into cup of soups and cat food. It's kind of crazy - and the kids always remember him from the year before. We had these young girls show up and were just a giggling because they knew his schtick and wanted to know if they were getting ramen!! This year he even dressed up a bit!! It was pretty awesome!!






Then Sunday, the real Halloween, my little Princess Chelsea turned three!! She had an awesome birthday party at a little place called Sugar Space. They had a jump house and music playing. We all went up and danced the chicken dance, the macarena and a freeze dance. There was a pinata and cake. It was a lot of fun and turned out perfectly.

So, you can see what my wonderful, exhausting weekend was like. Even though I started getting sick on Friday and today I'm completely, totally sick, I had a great Halloween weekend!!

And to end this with, my stepdaughters sent me pictures of all of my other grandkids that live out of state in their costumes - - so here are pictures of them, too!!





Aedynn and Lydia, who live in Alabama are pirates. Gabriel, who lives in Idaho, is Batman.

Comments

  1. Man you sure stayed busy! Ted costume is awesome!!!LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fun, I need to take Ireland to your house next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a busy weekend you had! Now I need a nap.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Me!!

I turned 49 a year ago tomorrow.  I was all right with that.  I didn't really care.  But, about a couple of months after that, I realized that in less than a year I would be 50.  When my daughter turned 30, it really was a horrible feeling.  How could I have a 30-year-old daughter??  I am not old enough to have a 30-year-old daughter.  I also had to deal with my baby boy getting married last year - which made me feel like I really was getting older. I think it was after Crystal's birthday that I devised a plan.  I was going to take a couple of days off, I was going to get a hotel room - a hotel with a pool - and I was just going to hide out and ride it out.  I had it all figured out. Well, I decided that my kids might be a bit upset with me that I did this.  So, I went back to Plan B - I would do my usual and plan a "kids" birthday for me so that the entire family, including Zach and Chelsea, could have a good time.  I thought of going to Planet Play and setti

The Haunting

It's been a weird few days. I don't know what set me off. But, I've been thinking about Ted a lot. Mostly, I've been thinking about the night he died. And everything that happened that night. One of the girls I worked with lost her husband suddenly a couple of days ago. I'm not sure if that's what set me off - no, I'm pretty sure it is. So I've been going through old blog posts about our trips together. Looking at memories of our times together. We just had fun together and we just loved each other. Anyway, I've been reliving the night he died. Thinking about it pretty consistently. And the things that happened are truly haunting me. Like, how did he get where he was?? He and I had been sitting together and had literally just had an interaction. The interaction was, please sit back, you're blocking my view of the movie. And it was all done in hand gestures. But it was just so Ted. Completely and totally so Ted. Not even a few

First Date - - End of an Era!

It's no secret that Ted and I met on the internet. We jibbered and jabbered via Match.Com a few times and then he sent me his phone number. We won't go into details about what made me give him a call, other than I was in need of a boost. I gave him a call and he was "busy" for a bit working on his carbuerator (yes, I was shunned aside for a carbuerator) and he asked if he could call me back later. Well, he did call me later that night and we made arrangements to meet at Denny's on 3500 South and 2200 West the next afternoon. No, it wasn't a four-star restaurant, but it was a way for either of us to run or make excuses if things were not going well. We sat there for a few hours; I drank Diet Coke and Ted drank Iced Tea. We talked, mostly Ted talked, about stuff I had absolutely no clue about; I tease him a lot about everything he says pretty much floats above my head, because I have no idea what he is talking about. That was October 10, 2004. After a w