Skip to main content

Broken Heart

So, my heart is broken for a very sweet guy tonight. I have known Mike (or Mikey as I call him) for several years. He and my son, Rodger, have been best friends pretty much since junior high school. They have remained that way through high school, college, being roommates, moving apart, etc.

Rodger and Mike lived together for about two years. They both decided they wanted to go to school. Rodger was going to go to Utah State and Mike worked very hard to get accepted to an art school in Arizona.

Mike has always been kind of a lost soul to me. He has this extremely rough exterior and does not let people in. I love to tease him and make like I'm going to hug him (and sometimes I do), because he makes these odd noises and tries to get away. He definitely has boundaries where his personal space is concerned.

He went to school durin the summer and had a bit of a break before the fall semester started, so he went home. His mom had moved to the Denver area and that is where he went. Mike, his mom and his stepdad were heading back to Arizona to take him back. They stopped in Price to spend some time with his grandmother. Sometime last night, and I don't know the details, his mother passed away. He has told my son that he thinks she either had a blood clot somewhere or some type of asthma attack. Either way, this lost soul, who didn't have many people to count on, lost probably the most important person in his life. I am so very sad. I am broken hearted for this kid that I can't even explain it.

I spent most of my shift today in my office crying as silently as I could. Every time I thought about this, the tears would just flow. I hoe Mike knows how much I really do love him and I hope he knows that he can lean on his best friend, his best friend's mom and the rest of his best friend's family.

Comments

  1. This post made me very sad. It is always so sad when someone loses someone very special to them especially a young somebody. I will keep him and his family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

CoCo's Journey - Ah, Shit!!!

I am exhausted.  Physically.  Mentally.  Is there anything else??  Because I'm sure that is exhausted, too. I went to the doctor today.  I knew it was going to be a lot of information.  I had made a list.  I had my notebook.  I printed out all of the information from my emergency room visit on Saturday to take with me.  Blood tests.  CT Scan.  Urine test.  Plus, I brought my CT scan from March, because I noticed on it that I have a small umbilical hernia.  I was ready.  And I knew what I needed to fight for. I also came armed with gifts.  I love this doctor and his medical assistant so much.  I took them a gift of tortilla chips and homemade salsa.  And I wrote a love note on the bag.  That is how much I appreciate him.  They both loved it.  It even made Hayley get a little weepy, cuz she was having a bad day. I gave him all of my documents, and he went through the blood tests and such fr...

CoCo's Journey - Pre-surgery thoughts

I've been hanging out in my house for the most part.  Hiding from germs.  Hiding from phlegm.  Hiding from coughs.  Hiding from sneezes.  Hiding from snot. Trying to stay healthy until surgery day.  Not that I can hide very well.  Roommate daughter is literally coughing a lung up.  So, she can only hang out with me if she is wearing a mask.  I am bathing in hand sanitizer when I remember.  I'm taking elderberry gummies with a bunch of zinc and vitamin C in order to boost my immunities.   Poor Roommate. Not that I would know much if I did have a cold.  My nose has been running constantly since the day Jeff was pushed up my nostril.  I have a constant sore throat, due to the tube rubbing in the back of my throat.  The worst part is when I'm laying down and roll onto my left side.  It starts to move around and I feel like I'm choking.  It doesn't do it every time, but most of the time.  And I don...

CoCo's Journey - Sleeping with Jeff AND Camilla

  Well, the day has come and gone.  I got my new and fancy attachment coming out of my face.  It was a horrible experience.  I thought I was going to go absolutely insane and take out the people putting it in me.  But, let's talk about it real quick. I got an NJ tube.  I thought I was going to be getting an NG tube.  What is an NJ tube?  It's a tube for feeding that is placed through the nose and snaked down past the stomach and into the jejunal.  The jejunal is in the small intestine.  The nasojejunal tube is more complex and has a few more risks than the nasogastric tube.  But, apparently, it's the best choice for me.   So let's talk about the actual procedure.  I knew from the beginning, when they squirted lidocaine in my two nostrils to kind of deaden it that it was going to be COMPLETELY horrible!!!  And then needed me to sniff it down to kind of deaden my throat, to make the tube a little more comfortable g...