Skip to main content

Crystal



I have amazing kids. I know I talk about it all the time. But, I really do have the greatest kids in the world. I love them so much. Today, I'm reminded of what an outstanding human my daughter Crystal is. She amazes me every day. She is probably one of the most giving people I have ever seen. She is a great mother, daughter, friend. A great all around person.

A little over a year ago, her very good friend Sarah was in an accident with her two children. The night it happened, Brandon took Sarah's husband up to Ogden to be by his wife's side (Brandon is another example of a great human). The two kids were up there, too. They were transporting the baby, Lucian (just about six weeks old at the time), to Primary Children's, he had a slight brain injury. We took KayeLynn to sit with Zach and Chelsea. Crystal and I went to sit with the baby at the hospital. For the next eight days, Crystal took care of Lucian and Ezri in her home, while Jim sat with Sarah at the hospital until she left her body and her family. Crystal and Brandon were some of the few people who have stayed by Jim's side. Most of the others kind of abandoned him, but not Crystal and Brandon - they remain loyal.

Well, today, I am reminded again of what a great person I've raised. Crystal's friend LaDayna started having contractions. LaDayna's husband is a pilot and was out of state. They have two little boys, Stevie, 2 years old and Antonio, 1 year old. So Brandon went to sit with the kids (he had not been to bed, yet, cause he's been at work all night) and Crystal took LaDayna to the hospital and sat with her until her husband could make it back. He made it home a few hours later, and Crystal took Brandon home to sleep and has been sitting with the kids ever since. They are all exhausted. But, Crystal wouldn't have it any other way. She is so sweet, all she can think of is taking care of the kids so LaDayna and Steve don't have to worry. She will probably be there several more hours, since there isn't really anybody else to do it.

Crystal Dawn Farnworth Walker - - I just want to let you know that you are one of the most amazing women I know - - I am proud of you - - I love you - - and thanks for making my job as your mother so easy. MWAH!

Comments

  1. It's nice to know that you have such a blessing in your life to count on huh!!! 80) Go Crystal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, what Emily said. Way to go Crystal!
    (I think I need to get her phone #)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can only hope I'll be able to raise my daughter to care for others just as much. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your so sweet! Thank you. I think you overestimate me but I'll take it! I love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

CoCo's Journey - Ah, Shit!!!

I am exhausted.  Physically.  Mentally.  Is there anything else??  Because I'm sure that is exhausted, too. I went to the doctor today.  I knew it was going to be a lot of information.  I had made a list.  I had my notebook.  I printed out all of the information from my emergency room visit on Saturday to take with me.  Blood tests.  CT Scan.  Urine test.  Plus, I brought my CT scan from March, because I noticed on it that I have a small umbilical hernia.  I was ready.  And I knew what I needed to fight for. I also came armed with gifts.  I love this doctor and his medical assistant so much.  I took them a gift of tortilla chips and homemade salsa.  And I wrote a love note on the bag.  That is how much I appreciate him.  They both loved it.  It even made Hayley get a little weepy, cuz she was having a bad day. I gave him all of my documents, and he went through the blood tests and such fr...

CoCo's Journey - Pre-surgery thoughts

I've been hanging out in my house for the most part.  Hiding from germs.  Hiding from phlegm.  Hiding from coughs.  Hiding from sneezes.  Hiding from snot. Trying to stay healthy until surgery day.  Not that I can hide very well.  Roommate daughter is literally coughing a lung up.  So, she can only hang out with me if she is wearing a mask.  I am bathing in hand sanitizer when I remember.  I'm taking elderberry gummies with a bunch of zinc and vitamin C in order to boost my immunities.   Poor Roommate. Not that I would know much if I did have a cold.  My nose has been running constantly since the day Jeff was pushed up my nostril.  I have a constant sore throat, due to the tube rubbing in the back of my throat.  The worst part is when I'm laying down and roll onto my left side.  It starts to move around and I feel like I'm choking.  It doesn't do it every time, but most of the time.  And I don...

CoCo's Journey - Sleeping with Jeff AND Camilla

  Well, the day has come and gone.  I got my new and fancy attachment coming out of my face.  It was a horrible experience.  I thought I was going to go absolutely insane and take out the people putting it in me.  But, let's talk about it real quick. I got an NJ tube.  I thought I was going to be getting an NG tube.  What is an NJ tube?  It's a tube for feeding that is placed through the nose and snaked down past the stomach and into the jejunal.  The jejunal is in the small intestine.  The nasojejunal tube is more complex and has a few more risks than the nasogastric tube.  But, apparently, it's the best choice for me.   So let's talk about the actual procedure.  I knew from the beginning, when they squirted lidocaine in my two nostrils to kind of deaden it that it was going to be COMPLETELY horrible!!!  And then needed me to sniff it down to kind of deaden my throat, to make the tube a little more comfortable g...