Skip to main content

Penelope Goes to Disneyland

Penelope is the fourth grandchild to get her one-on-one with Grandma CoCo.  She was asked early last year where she wanted to go.  She waffled between Disneyland and LegoLand for a long time.  She suddenly got set on Disney and so that's where we went.

She spent Saturday night with me and we woke up really early on Sunday and headed to the airport.  We were at the hotel by 10:30, we were able to get her clothes changed, give the hotel our luggage and catch the last shuttle for five hours to the park.  I kind of let her run the show that first day and we were all over the place.  It was a very busy holiday weekend and there were lines.  She was pretty upset about having to wait in lines - so it was hard to get her to decide on what to do.  We did very little that first day.  We did do one very important thing though, she met Belle.  That was worth the ticket right there.  She looked so sweet, dressed in her own Belle princess dress, and meeting the one princess she was most excited to meet.  Before the day was over, she dragged me on Star Tours and I kept my eyes closed the entire time. 





The second day we had a very long and busy day.  We were trying to get there early, but that didn't work out too great.  We ended up in an hour long wait for bag checks, then another 20 minutes for entering.  The lines were crazy.  And I swear, Fast Passes change every time I go to any Disney Park.  So - it took a while to figure that out.  I told Penny I was taking charge a bit, because the day before she had been all over the place.  So - I made her  go on Jungle Cruise, Pirates of the Caribbean  and then I said we would head to Splash Mountain.  She looked at Splash Mountain and decided she didn't want to go on it after all, it was a bit scary to her.  So - we headed to Winnie the Pooh, then onto the Millennium Falcon ride.  That was a crazy line, but we made it through.  It was a really fun ride and I found out I couldn't close my eyes, cuz I had to be the danged pilot - Penny was a pilot, too.  We each had different jobs.  The thing she kept saying she wanted to ride on was the Monorail, so we finally did that.  Then we had lunch and had a fast pass for Buzz Lightyear.  By the time that was done, we were able to have lunch and I told her I wanted to go on Peter Pan.  Well, the line  was REALLLY long, but I assured her that when we were done, we could head over for her appointment at the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique.

Before we left, I made her an appointment at the kids boutique.  It was so danged cute.  Her little stylist is called a fairy godmother in training.  They do the littles up all adorable. 




We headed back to the hotel after that.  She loved how she looked, but dang, that was not going to keep her from the pool.  So - after spending a fortune, the first thing she wanted to do when we got back to the hotel was jump in the pool. 

Not the greatest picture, but you can see that
bun jumping in the pool.  :)
Her Dad says, you can tell her NO.  I said,
nope - I can't.
On our last day we went to California Adventure.  We took our time getting there, the lines were not nearly as bad.  We got a fast pass for Soarin when we walked in, then headed to Cars Land and went on the Luigi ride.  We went on the carousel, then back for Soarin.  Soarin' will always be my favorite.  Then we got our fast pass for Grizzly River  Rapids, then headed to the playground where she ran around for quite a while.  Then back to the rapids, where we got soaked, soaked, soaked.  Then we went on the Ariel ride that I had never been on and it was the sweetest.  Then to lunch and shopping and back to the hotel, because all she wanted to do was go to the pool.  She spent almost three hours in the pool that last night.  And still fought me when it was time to get out. 

We headed to the airport the next day.  I brought her home horribly sick, her mama had to take her to the ER.  Said she has a virus, but I was still sad.   And I'm horrible enough to hope that I don't get it. 

It was a lot of fun.  I love these bonding experiences.  I've now cried for two days, because I was hit with a lot of grief once I got home.  I'm ok, but it's been rough reality slap the last couple of days that my favorite traveling partner will never get on a plane with me again.  But, this was all about Penelope.  And we had the greatest time.

PICTURES:

Here we go!!

Princess Jedi

Checking herself out in her new Belle dress



Lines were not her favorite thing

First night exhaustion

Waiting for the  shuttle to take us to Disney

Jungle Cruise


Waiting for Millenium Falcon

I love this picture!!

silliness

Fashion show in all the princess dresses
after the boutique



Swimming after the boutique.

She says: Look what they did when they made
the bed.  I said:  No they didn't, I did that.  :)




Meeting BoPeep

Want to play in the water, don't want to get my
dress wet

Pluto giving the princess a bow

CoCo, you can relax an hour and we'll watch
a show before we get in the pool - - - - - as
she eats chocolate ice cream and cotton candy



Cannonball

Fashion Statement:  Tankini and boots with a
beach towel cape


Going home

I brought her back broken

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Me!!

I turned 49 a year ago tomorrow.  I was all right with that.  I didn't really care.  But, about a couple of months after that, I realized that in less than a year I would be 50.  When my daughter turned 30, it really was a horrible feeling.  How could I have a 30-year-old daughter??  I am not old enough to have a 30-year-old daughter.  I also had to deal with my baby boy getting married last year - which made me feel like I really was getting older. I think it was after Crystal's birthday that I devised a plan.  I was going to take a couple of days off, I was going to get a hotel room - a hotel with a pool - and I was just going to hide out and ride it out.  I had it all figured out. Well, I decided that my kids might be a bit upset with me that I did this.  So, I went back to Plan B - I would do my usual and plan a "kids" birthday for me so that the entire family, including Zach and Chelsea, could have a good time.  I thought of going to Planet Play and setti

The Haunting

It's been a weird few days. I don't know what set me off. But, I've been thinking about Ted a lot. Mostly, I've been thinking about the night he died. And everything that happened that night. One of the girls I worked with lost her husband suddenly a couple of days ago. I'm not sure if that's what set me off - no, I'm pretty sure it is. So I've been going through old blog posts about our trips together. Looking at memories of our times together. We just had fun together and we just loved each other. Anyway, I've been reliving the night he died. Thinking about it pretty consistently. And the things that happened are truly haunting me. Like, how did he get where he was?? He and I had been sitting together and had literally just had an interaction. The interaction was, please sit back, you're blocking my view of the movie. And it was all done in hand gestures. But it was just so Ted. Completely and totally so Ted. Not even a few

First Date - - End of an Era!

It's no secret that Ted and I met on the internet. We jibbered and jabbered via Match.Com a few times and then he sent me his phone number. We won't go into details about what made me give him a call, other than I was in need of a boost. I gave him a call and he was "busy" for a bit working on his carbuerator (yes, I was shunned aside for a carbuerator) and he asked if he could call me back later. Well, he did call me later that night and we made arrangements to meet at Denny's on 3500 South and 2200 West the next afternoon. No, it wasn't a four-star restaurant, but it was a way for either of us to run or make excuses if things were not going well. We sat there for a few hours; I drank Diet Coke and Ted drank Iced Tea. We talked, mostly Ted talked, about stuff I had absolutely no clue about; I tease him a lot about everything he says pretty much floats above my head, because I have no idea what he is talking about. That was October 10, 2004. After a w