Skip to main content

Peanut Butter 1 - CoCo 0

Don't keep going if you might get grossed out by my ugly toe.
What it looked like when it
happened.  Bloody ugly toe.

Back in December, I was reaching in my pantry and reached behind a jar of peanut butter.  It was about four and a half feet up.  I knocked it over and it toppled down and landed on the big toe on my right foot.  I said some pretty colorful words and the longer I stood there, the more it started to just hurt - and it hurt bad. I started to just sob.  Ted and KayeLynn just kept trying to figure out how to deal with me. Once the tears stopped, I just started to shake and shake.  Ted told me I was in a form of shock, because the pain had been so intense.  I thought the toe was broken, but it wasn't.  It bled a little bit - over the next couple of days.  The day I did this was the day I had just had a pedicure - so I just left the polish on and left the toe alone.
One month later
Ugly blister!

When I went four weeks later for a new pedicure, the polish was removed and my toe was half black underneath.  The toenail was still attached and the girl who was doing my toes said it appeared to be just a big blood blister underneath.  I've had pedicures every month since then - that would be three more - and the toe looked the same. So, I figured it was just a matter of letting the blood blister work it's way out.

The other day, as I laid in a hot bath letting my body soak up the warm, I noticed that my toe seemed a bit strange.  It was "wriggly" a bit.  After I got out, I took the polish off.  The toe looked nasty.  The nail was loose and still black underneath - but it had a dead looking white tinge to it, too.  I was planning to go on Tuesday to have a pedicure.  So, I left my ugly toe hang out, unpainted.
When she started cutting
away at the nail.

Old dead nail gone
New live nail coming in

Today, when I went to get the pedicure, I showed the girl doing my toes my nail.  I told her I didn't know what she could do with it, but to just paint it as best she could and leave it alone.  She started looking at it and before I knew it, she was chopping away at the nail and taking it off.  I expected it to hurt, but it really didn't.  She was amazing.  The only place it hurt was where it was connected to the quick of the nail bed.  And even there, it wasn't bad.  What we noticed after she got the nail off, is that the nail  had broken completely straight across at the bottom of the nail when the peanut butter fell on it. So, the new nail was growing up under the old nail.  That's why it was suddenly starting to come off.   The new nail was pushing it up.  We just left the nail like it was and didn't add any paint.

Prosthetic toenail
Looks amazing!!
When the girl who was doing my nails noticed the toe, she asked if I wanted her to fix the nail.  So, I said sure.  She took acrylic and made me a new toenail!!  I don't have the ugly toe left over!!  It's awesome.

I left both girls a huge tip.  Taking that nasty toenail off couldn't have been fun.  And making my summer toes not look gross and disgusting.  They both deserved it.




In honor of my new job - -
Delta colors!!  Love my
job!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Me!!

I turned 49 a year ago tomorrow.  I was all right with that.  I didn't really care.  But, about a couple of months after that, I realized that in less than a year I would be 50.  When my daughter turned 30, it really was a horrible feeling.  How could I have a 30-year-old daughter??  I am not old enough to have a 30-year-old daughter.  I also had to deal with my baby boy getting married last year - which made me feel like I really was getting older. I think it was after Crystal's birthday that I devised a plan.  I was going to take a couple of days off, I was going to get a hotel room - a hotel with a pool - and I was just going to hide out and ride it out.  I had it all figured out. Well, I decided that my kids might be a bit upset with me that I did this.  So, I went back to Plan B - I would do my usual and plan a "kids" birthday for me so that the entire family, including Zach and Chelsea, could have a good time.  I thought of going to Planet Play and setti

The Haunting

It's been a weird few days. I don't know what set me off. But, I've been thinking about Ted a lot. Mostly, I've been thinking about the night he died. And everything that happened that night. One of the girls I worked with lost her husband suddenly a couple of days ago. I'm not sure if that's what set me off - no, I'm pretty sure it is. So I've been going through old blog posts about our trips together. Looking at memories of our times together. We just had fun together and we just loved each other. Anyway, I've been reliving the night he died. Thinking about it pretty consistently. And the things that happened are truly haunting me. Like, how did he get where he was?? He and I had been sitting together and had literally just had an interaction. The interaction was, please sit back, you're blocking my view of the movie. And it was all done in hand gestures. But it was just so Ted. Completely and totally so Ted. Not even a few

First Date - - End of an Era!

It's no secret that Ted and I met on the internet. We jibbered and jabbered via Match.Com a few times and then he sent me his phone number. We won't go into details about what made me give him a call, other than I was in need of a boost. I gave him a call and he was "busy" for a bit working on his carbuerator (yes, I was shunned aside for a carbuerator) and he asked if he could call me back later. Well, he did call me later that night and we made arrangements to meet at Denny's on 3500 South and 2200 West the next afternoon. No, it wasn't a four-star restaurant, but it was a way for either of us to run or make excuses if things were not going well. We sat there for a few hours; I drank Diet Coke and Ted drank Iced Tea. We talked, mostly Ted talked, about stuff I had absolutely no clue about; I tease him a lot about everything he says pretty much floats above my head, because I have no idea what he is talking about. That was October 10, 2004. After a w