Skip to main content

The Epiphany

I'm retired.  I'm happily retired.  It's what I wanted.  It was time for me to move on.  I had planned to stay at least two and a half years more, but, that didn't work so well.  I moved on.

However, when I turned in my two weeks notice, I was summarily dismissed to not return after the upcoming Friday - or leave before that.  I know it's common in business, but, I was sent into a shock zone.  I was thrown for a loop.  After the shock wore off, I became angry.  Extremely angry.  I lost a friend with whom I have adored and thought of as one of my kids through it - and that makes me sad.  I've come to terms with it, though.

Early yesterday, I had an epiphany.  I realized that being angry was not going to get me anywhere.  It was time to move on.  I needed to get past the anger if I ever was going to enjoy myself.  I started to realize some of the things that have happened in the last couple of weeks:

  • I've reconnected with a lot of old friends
  • I've gone out to lunch a couple of times with friends
  • Ted took me to Wendover for an overnighter, to get away (lost lots of dollars)
  • I took my mom to Wendover for the day (lost less dollars)
  • I've started a project of painting my small bathroom.  I'm very excited over the beginning of it - it will be Paris themed and so pretty
  • I was conditionally offered a job - but, there are lots of hoops to jump through to get to the "real" offer
  • Hanging with a 6-year-old princess while her mama went to school - and watching her play with the her one
    front tooth and making it wiggle (she lost that one a couple days later - love that toothless face).
  • I've spent a couple of days just snuggling the sweetest eight month old baby so her mama could catch a nap
  • I've been planning Ted and my road trip that commences in a week
  • I have just plain relaxed
There were lots of reasons to be just plain happy and not dwell anymore.

The anger was  necessary.  It's like grief, there are five steps.  I'd been through denial several weeks ago when I made the decision to retire.  Then the depression hit, it's hard to think about giving up.  I'd been bargaining with myself to decide if I really was ready for this.  When I was "released" after tendering my resignation, that's when I got angry.  Really angry.  Yesterday, with the epiphany, came acceptance.  With acceptance, came the pursuit of happiness.  I'm moving on, I'm moving forward, I'm moving toward happiness.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CoCo's Journey - Ah, Shit!!!

I am exhausted.  Physically.  Mentally.  Is there anything else??  Because I'm sure that is exhausted, too. I went to the doctor today.  I knew it was going to be a lot of information.  I had made a list.  I had my notebook.  I printed out all of the information from my emergency room visit on Saturday to take with me.  Blood tests.  CT Scan.  Urine test.  Plus, I brought my CT scan from March, because I noticed on it that I have a small umbilical hernia.  I was ready.  And I knew what I needed to fight for. I also came armed with gifts.  I love this doctor and his medical assistant so much.  I took them a gift of tortilla chips and homemade salsa.  And I wrote a love note on the bag.  That is how much I appreciate him.  They both loved it.  It even made Hayley get a little weepy, cuz she was having a bad day. I gave him all of my documents, and he went through the blood tests and such fr...

CoCo's Journey - Pre-surgery thoughts

I've been hanging out in my house for the most part.  Hiding from germs.  Hiding from phlegm.  Hiding from coughs.  Hiding from sneezes.  Hiding from snot. Trying to stay healthy until surgery day.  Not that I can hide very well.  Roommate daughter is literally coughing a lung up.  So, she can only hang out with me if she is wearing a mask.  I am bathing in hand sanitizer when I remember.  I'm taking elderberry gummies with a bunch of zinc and vitamin C in order to boost my immunities.   Poor Roommate. Not that I would know much if I did have a cold.  My nose has been running constantly since the day Jeff was pushed up my nostril.  I have a constant sore throat, due to the tube rubbing in the back of my throat.  The worst part is when I'm laying down and roll onto my left side.  It starts to move around and I feel like I'm choking.  It doesn't do it every time, but most of the time.  And I don...

CoCo's Journey - Sleeping with Jeff AND Camilla

  Well, the day has come and gone.  I got my new and fancy attachment coming out of my face.  It was a horrible experience.  I thought I was going to go absolutely insane and take out the people putting it in me.  But, let's talk about it real quick. I got an NJ tube.  I thought I was going to be getting an NG tube.  What is an NJ tube?  It's a tube for feeding that is placed through the nose and snaked down past the stomach and into the jejunal.  The jejunal is in the small intestine.  The nasojejunal tube is more complex and has a few more risks than the nasogastric tube.  But, apparently, it's the best choice for me.   So let's talk about the actual procedure.  I knew from the beginning, when they squirted lidocaine in my two nostrils to kind of deaden it that it was going to be COMPLETELY horrible!!!  And then needed me to sniff it down to kind of deaden my throat, to make the tube a little more comfortable g...