Skip to main content

Battle of the Sexes - for Seven "Long" Years

It really isn't long.  It just didn't sound right without the word long.

Anyway - today is my anniversary.  My and Ted's anniversary.  We got married seven years ago.  I don't and never regret the event - even though there are times I literally look him in the eye and say, "What the hell did we get married for - we are nothing alike!!".  And he calmly looks at me and smiles and says, "That's what makes us good together - opposites attract".

It's no secret that Ted and I got married at an older age.  He had one grandson - and my first grandson was just about four months old.  Obviously, we weren't "spring chickens".  I have to say though, getting married at an older age is by far one of the biggest adjustments that anyone in this world will have to make.  Does the term "set in their ways" mean anything to anyone?  Ted and I still have our battles about stuff - even seven years later.  The whole toilet seat battle goes on and on and on and on.  Ted was alone for sixteen years, he never had to worry about putting the toilet seat down unless HE was going to sit on it.  I had been alone for five years, one male in the family - who was smart enough that if he had the seat up - he didn't want three women chasing him down and telling him that it's inconsiderate to leave it up. Here is a script of last fight:

Me:  "Ted, I just fell into the toilet again"
Ted:  "I will probably go six times to your one time - so it just makes sense to keep it up"
Me:  "When I have to go, I have to go, and I don't have time to see if the seat is down and push it down"
Ted: "Would you rather I pee on the seat?"
The best part is now - he has noticed that in the middle of the night, if I have to get up - I have a tendency to SLAM the seat down.  His response is the SLAM it up.  Apparently, this battle is not going anywhere any time soon.

These are the stupid little things you have to put up with when you get married at an older age.  I know that it's possible to fight about this very thing if you are younger, but, it seems that you find a way - BEFORE SEVEN YEARS - to come to a decent conclusion (or in other words, beat your husband into submission).

Here is a little list of opposites:


  • He is spontaneous - I am a planner.
  • He is republican - I am democrat.
  • He is a collector - I am a purger.
  • He is thrifty and will buy ANYTHING if he thinks he is getting a bargain - I like the little better things in life (I feel I deserve it).
  • He is sci-fi - I am comedy.
  • He is a nerd - I am not.
  • He thinks he is funny - most the time I think he's not.  (he does have his moments)
The truth of the matter is, with the exception of the toilet seat battle, he is probably one of the sweetest guys in the entire world.  He would do anything for me.  He adores me and treats me like a queen.  But, on the other hand, he gets treated pretty good himself and I absolutely love him to pieces.  He is just an all around awesome man. 
  
Happy Anniversary Baby, I love you.  I can't imagine spending the rest of my life with anyone else - let the adventures continue.

Comments

  1. Ski- This is awesome! Happy Anniversary of the 7 yr. itch! Just kidding! Have a great day, do something fun and have lots of SEX!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Muffie, I am very happy for you and I hope you enjoy the next 7 years just as much.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Me!!

I turned 49 a year ago tomorrow.  I was all right with that.  I didn't really care.  But, about a couple of months after that, I realized that in less than a year I would be 50.  When my daughter turned 30, it really was a horrible feeling.  How could I have a 30-year-old daughter??  I am not old enough to have a 30-year-old daughter.  I also had to deal with my baby boy getting married last year - which made me feel like I really was getting older. I think it was after Crystal's birthday that I devised a plan.  I was going to take a couple of days off, I was going to get a hotel room - a hotel with a pool - and I was just going to hide out and ride it out.  I had it all figured out. Well, I decided that my kids might be a bit upset with me that I did this.  So, I went back to Plan B - I would do my usual and plan a "kids" birthday for me so that the entire family, including Zach and Chelsea, could have a good time.  I thought of going to Planet Play and setti

The Haunting

It's been a weird few days. I don't know what set me off. But, I've been thinking about Ted a lot. Mostly, I've been thinking about the night he died. And everything that happened that night. One of the girls I worked with lost her husband suddenly a couple of days ago. I'm not sure if that's what set me off - no, I'm pretty sure it is. So I've been going through old blog posts about our trips together. Looking at memories of our times together. We just had fun together and we just loved each other. Anyway, I've been reliving the night he died. Thinking about it pretty consistently. And the things that happened are truly haunting me. Like, how did he get where he was?? He and I had been sitting together and had literally just had an interaction. The interaction was, please sit back, you're blocking my view of the movie. And it was all done in hand gestures. But it was just so Ted. Completely and totally so Ted. Not even a few

Adios, Au Revoir, Goodbye....

So, tonight is my last night on the graveyard shift. It's been fun the days I've worked. I have to say, I really enjoy these up-all-nighters immensely. They are on the complete opposite spectrum of the "normal" people. Here are some final notes on my time here: Marla, Corey, Cheryl, Betsy, Nicole, Doug, Cortney, Angie, Natalie, Nathan, Amber, Jessica, Cliff, Leslie: STOP BEING SO DANG QUIET!!! I am not used to hearing NOTHING!!! I am used to people calling me constantly, I am used to having things to do, I am used to not sitting around and doing nothing!!! I have done nothing for an entire month - and my BUTT HURTS!!! My butt hurts from sitting in this chair and staring at the computer for TWELVE HOURS CONSTANTLY!! However, on the up side - I have completely loved being with you this month!! Watching Nicole's face in lineup when Diane is there is priceless. Nathan's litte quips and comments are hilarious. Cortney and his "touche" comment