Skip to main content

Whose Crazy Idea Was This?

I have talked about trying to get my life on track and live a more healthy existence for my remaining time here on earth. I want to feel healthy and good. I no longer want to feel like a lazy, disgusting sloth.

I am not having crazy weight loss on Weight Watchers. I tend to lose a couple of pounds and gain back a pound. You know, two steps forward and one step backwards. But, I have been trying to limit my intake and trying to watch what I eat. I indulge when I want to - but not like I used to. Just trying to eat right.

I have also taken up doing exercise classes as often as I can. I have done a few Zumba classes, a muscle buster class and water aerobics has been a favorite. I really enjoy water aerobics. Ted and KayeLynn have been going with me and it's been a lot of fun. Watching Ted is especially great.
He is all over the water. Eventually, he has this large space around him, because everyone has decided to give it to him - or else he will get in their space. It's ok - I'm glad he's liking it and doing so well at it.

Well, last night I decided to try a SPIN class. KayeLynn went, too, but it was too hard on her and caused her to tremor, so she stopped about fifteen minutes into it. So, at this point, I will tell you how it went. First off, let me explain what a spin class is. You are in a group of people who are all on stationary bikes. The instructor tells you to twist the knob to make it harder or twist it to make it easier - it gives you the feeling of going up and down hills. I sat down on my bike and started to peddle. The instructor started to give instructions. Peddle, twist to make it easier, twist to make it harder. It took me about four minutes to realized just how much I was not enjoying this class. There are a couple of bones in the nether regions of the body that rest very hard on the seat of the bike. It starts to hurt right there pretty quickly. So, at the six or so minute mark, when she says to stand up, I am pretty happy to be getting that weight up off my crotch which is on fire with pain. Yeah, that lasted about a ninety seconds. Then I am yelling "Holy $H!*". My legs are now on fire, my feet on the pedals are burning. So, I sit back down on my seat - which is instant pain on these places where my butt hits the seat. I am only about nine minutes into class. I have forty more minutes to go!!! I am not about to give up, though. I am going to keep going. So I keep pedaling. At about the fifteen minute mark, I can still feel the pain in my crotch, but it is starting to go numb. There is no way in this entire world that I am going to try and stand up and pedal anymore. I am soaking wet from head to toe and this crazy bi-otch of an instructor keeps saying "increase the tension"!! WHAT??? Holy crap. I increase the tension - and I just listen to the music. I am closing my eyes and singing the songs in my head.

OK - I am now at the thirty minute mark. I am truly thinking I should just get off this bike and give up. But, I keep telling myself that I need to just stay there. Mostly because if I get off the bike, I am totally afraid my legs will give out I will be rolling back and forth on my back while all these lunatics keep pedaling around me. I am sure they are wondering what the hell I am doing in their class anyway. She says there are three more songs to go - I have been doing this for about forty minutes - I can do three more songs. Just close my eyes and keep pedaling. Three songs down - I AM DONE!!! My legs are jelly, my ass is in so much pain where those two bones hit the seat, my crotch is numb, my hair is soaking wet. I stretch. I put my seat and bike away after wiping it down. I leave and tell myself that I will never do that again. I'll stick to water aerobics, Zumba, muscle busters, step class, walking. I probably burned more calories in that fifty minutes that I have doing anything else. But, today, every time I sit down and feel those bones, and the muscles in my neck and shoulders, I am reminded of why I didn't like spin class.

Comments

  1. My mom teaches spin classes and so I have gone to her classes a few times. Don't feel bad because I wear her padded biking shorts and her padded chair cover and it still hurts my behind and makes me numb! I hate it for that reason alone plus I too can only stand biking for about 1 minutes and then I have to sit down. It is so hard and I hate it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW. U are my hero! I would of given up :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crap! It won't let me add and then delete comments for you anymore. :( BOO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry Amberly!!! I opened it up to anyone to comment and so I didn't want to have all sorts of people telling me anonymously how stupid I am!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh....so we can tell you how stupid you are, as long as we leave our name? Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm no dummy!!! You would tell me whether you leave your name or use an AKA. I know - I know!! I'm no dummy!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Me!!

I turned 49 a year ago tomorrow.  I was all right with that.  I didn't really care.  But, about a couple of months after that, I realized that in less than a year I would be 50.  When my daughter turned 30, it really was a horrible feeling.  How could I have a 30-year-old daughter??  I am not old enough to have a 30-year-old daughter.  I also had to deal with my baby boy getting married last year - which made me feel like I really was getting older. I think it was after Crystal's birthday that I devised a plan.  I was going to take a couple of days off, I was going to get a hotel room - a hotel with a pool - and I was just going to hide out and ride it out.  I had it all figured out. Well, I decided that my kids might be a bit upset with me that I did this.  So, I went back to Plan B - I would do my usual and plan a "kids" birthday for me so that the entire family, including Zach and Chelsea, could have a good time.  I thought of going to Planet Play and setti

The Haunting

It's been a weird few days. I don't know what set me off. But, I've been thinking about Ted a lot. Mostly, I've been thinking about the night he died. And everything that happened that night. One of the girls I worked with lost her husband suddenly a couple of days ago. I'm not sure if that's what set me off - no, I'm pretty sure it is. So I've been going through old blog posts about our trips together. Looking at memories of our times together. We just had fun together and we just loved each other. Anyway, I've been reliving the night he died. Thinking about it pretty consistently. And the things that happened are truly haunting me. Like, how did he get where he was?? He and I had been sitting together and had literally just had an interaction. The interaction was, please sit back, you're blocking my view of the movie. And it was all done in hand gestures. But it was just so Ted. Completely and totally so Ted. Not even a few

First Date - - End of an Era!

It's no secret that Ted and I met on the internet. We jibbered and jabbered via Match.Com a few times and then he sent me his phone number. We won't go into details about what made me give him a call, other than I was in need of a boost. I gave him a call and he was "busy" for a bit working on his carbuerator (yes, I was shunned aside for a carbuerator) and he asked if he could call me back later. Well, he did call me later that night and we made arrangements to meet at Denny's on 3500 South and 2200 West the next afternoon. No, it wasn't a four-star restaurant, but it was a way for either of us to run or make excuses if things were not going well. We sat there for a few hours; I drank Diet Coke and Ted drank Iced Tea. We talked, mostly Ted talked, about stuff I had absolutely no clue about; I tease him a lot about everything he says pretty much floats above my head, because I have no idea what he is talking about. That was October 10, 2004. After a w