Skip to main content

Feeling Lost and Loved - I'm reposting this now that I'm retired

I've been doing what I do for a very long time to make a living.  I've been at my job for 32 years.  I've loved my job for the most part every minute.  I have had down times, and very seldom have I felt that it was time to leave.

That has changed over the last few weeks.  I've had a run of emotions during that time; anger, frustration, overlooked, out-of-the-loop.  There was no single thing that caused this, but an accumulation of things that have happened.

I literally ran away from work this week - I took a week off on a moment's notice.  This is something I have never done before in my life - with the exception of funerals.  My plan was to never go back.  I was going to retire and just walk away from everything I knew.  Not that I was prepared for this, because I know I need another job.  But, I was planning to just go forward and if I had to work at Arctic Circle or Walmart I was prepared to do it.  I went so far to go to the city and get all my paperwork ready to leave.

I'm still not sure of what the future holds.  I know what my own plan is and there is nothing in my foreseeable future to change that course.  I do intend to go back to work on Tuesday.  I have one thing to finish up and that should give me closure - from there I can feel comfortable leaving.

The reason I bring this up?  I have had so much love and support over this week that I have been so overwhelmed.  Ted has been my rock.  He has listened to me cry, rant, bawl and laugh, one to the other over the span of a few minutes during the last few weeks.  He has been there with hugs and anything else I need.  He has listened and has said, "balls to the wall sweetheart - you do what you need to do". My kids have been there - Crystal has cried with me, KayeLynn and Rodger has been there with hugs and have listened to me.  My mom has worried about me and has called numerous times to see how I am doing.  They have all listened to me.  They have given me incredible support.  I felt that no matter what I do, I would be OK.  I love each and every one of them and their incredible ability to deal with my ups and downs over this last week.

I also had the support of five incredible friends.  I also learned who has my back and supports me through thick and thin.  I appreciate each of these five women from here to the moon and then back.

They have listened, they have counselled, they have loved me and worried about me.  I love each of you and I thank you all for loving me unconditionally.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Me!!

I turned 49 a year ago tomorrow.  I was all right with that.  I didn't really care.  But, about a couple of months after that, I realized that in less than a year I would be 50.  When my daughter turned 30, it really was a horrible feeling.  How could I have a 30-year-old daughter??  I am not old enough to have a 30-year-old daughter.  I also had to deal with my baby boy getting married last year - which made me feel like I really was getting older. I think it was after Crystal's birthday that I devised a plan.  I was going to take a couple of days off, I was going to get a hotel room - a hotel with a pool - and I was just going to hide out and ride it out.  I had it all figured out. Well, I decided that my kids might be a bit upset with me that I did this.  So, I went back to Plan B - I would do my usual and plan a "kids" birthday for me so that the entire family, including Zach and Chelsea, could have a good time.  I thought of going to Planet Play and setti

The Haunting

It's been a weird few days. I don't know what set me off. But, I've been thinking about Ted a lot. Mostly, I've been thinking about the night he died. And everything that happened that night. One of the girls I worked with lost her husband suddenly a couple of days ago. I'm not sure if that's what set me off - no, I'm pretty sure it is. So I've been going through old blog posts about our trips together. Looking at memories of our times together. We just had fun together and we just loved each other. Anyway, I've been reliving the night he died. Thinking about it pretty consistently. And the things that happened are truly haunting me. Like, how did he get where he was?? He and I had been sitting together and had literally just had an interaction. The interaction was, please sit back, you're blocking my view of the movie. And it was all done in hand gestures. But it was just so Ted. Completely and totally so Ted. Not even a few

First Date - - End of an Era!

It's no secret that Ted and I met on the internet. We jibbered and jabbered via Match.Com a few times and then he sent me his phone number. We won't go into details about what made me give him a call, other than I was in need of a boost. I gave him a call and he was "busy" for a bit working on his carbuerator (yes, I was shunned aside for a carbuerator) and he asked if he could call me back later. Well, he did call me later that night and we made arrangements to meet at Denny's on 3500 South and 2200 West the next afternoon. No, it wasn't a four-star restaurant, but it was a way for either of us to run or make excuses if things were not going well. We sat there for a few hours; I drank Diet Coke and Ted drank Iced Tea. We talked, mostly Ted talked, about stuff I had absolutely no clue about; I tease him a lot about everything he says pretty much floats above my head, because I have no idea what he is talking about. That was October 10, 2004. After a w