Skip to main content

Things That Make You Go HMMMMMM - #21

I am married to the insanity that is Ted.  Ted can make me crazy in two or less seconds, depending on what his mood is.  We've had fights.  We've had times where I won't speak to him = usually my way of dealing with him until he finally convinces me to talk to him.  I've had moments where I don't know how much more I can take - it's always fleeting because of the rest of what I am going to write.  Here are all things Ted that makes me insane:

  • He can't go to a grocery store and buy one of anything.  It's always in multiples.  He just showed up a few minutes ago with four packages of marked down, cut round, just the right size for crackers turkey.  He was all excited.  It's a great deal he tells me, 89 cents, plus I found a dollar off coupon.  Really?  When are we going to eat it.  I know he will.  He'll use it for sandwiches or something.  But, for some reason, he had to buy four packages.
  • He is all nerd.  I've learned to deal with it.  I love that he is so smart and he knows pretty much everything.  Very seldom do I catch him telling me something incorrect.  But, he's definitely all nerd and when he wants to use his nerdom to "help" me, I want to beat him.  
  • He completely doesn't know how to apologize without kind of making you think it's your fault.  "I'm really sorry about that, but, you did this".  I watched him do it to Crystal just the other day.  I wanted to punch him in the face.  Sometimes just saying, "I'm sorry" is all that is necessary honey.
  • I can ask him a question, I will get the answer in the first two sentences, and then I have to listen to twenty more minutes on an explanation.  I learned very quickly to tune the rest out, because 95% of the time, I have no idea what he's talking about after that.
Why do I put up with this, you ask?  Really, it's not much to put up with.  I'm married to the most genuine and sweet man that ever lived.  And he's smart, too.  I don't think enough people appreciate and understand what an amazing man I married.  

He's an incredible romantic.  But, not in the classic sense of wine, roses, dinner and song.  He shows his romance in different ways.  He will walk up behind me and kiss me on he neck and wrap his arms around me.  He doesn't write love notes, but, he says the most amazingly romantic things - when he tells me I'm his silver lining, I know he means it.  But, the sweetest and romantic thing he does, the 12th day of every month, he will at some point in my day make sure he says, "Happy (insert number here) monthaversary".  Yesterday,  I was taking my shower at 6:30 in the morning.  He walked in, opened the shower, walked in, kissed me, said "Happy 95th monthaversary" and he turned around and walked out soaking wet.  

Who wouldn't love that kind of romance?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CoCo's Journey - Ah, Shit!!!

I am exhausted.  Physically.  Mentally.  Is there anything else??  Because I'm sure that is exhausted, too. I went to the doctor today.  I knew it was going to be a lot of information.  I had made a list.  I had my notebook.  I printed out all of the information from my emergency room visit on Saturday to take with me.  Blood tests.  CT Scan.  Urine test.  Plus, I brought my CT scan from March, because I noticed on it that I have a small umbilical hernia.  I was ready.  And I knew what I needed to fight for. I also came armed with gifts.  I love this doctor and his medical assistant so much.  I took them a gift of tortilla chips and homemade salsa.  And I wrote a love note on the bag.  That is how much I appreciate him.  They both loved it.  It even made Hayley get a little weepy, cuz she was having a bad day. I gave him all of my documents, and he went through the blood tests and such fr...

CoCo's Journey - Pre-surgery thoughts

I've been hanging out in my house for the most part.  Hiding from germs.  Hiding from phlegm.  Hiding from coughs.  Hiding from sneezes.  Hiding from snot. Trying to stay healthy until surgery day.  Not that I can hide very well.  Roommate daughter is literally coughing a lung up.  So, she can only hang out with me if she is wearing a mask.  I am bathing in hand sanitizer when I remember.  I'm taking elderberry gummies with a bunch of zinc and vitamin C in order to boost my immunities.   Poor Roommate. Not that I would know much if I did have a cold.  My nose has been running constantly since the day Jeff was pushed up my nostril.  I have a constant sore throat, due to the tube rubbing in the back of my throat.  The worst part is when I'm laying down and roll onto my left side.  It starts to move around and I feel like I'm choking.  It doesn't do it every time, but most of the time.  And I don...

CoCo's Journey - Sleeping with Jeff AND Camilla

  Well, the day has come and gone.  I got my new and fancy attachment coming out of my face.  It was a horrible experience.  I thought I was going to go absolutely insane and take out the people putting it in me.  But, let's talk about it real quick. I got an NJ tube.  I thought I was going to be getting an NG tube.  What is an NJ tube?  It's a tube for feeding that is placed through the nose and snaked down past the stomach and into the jejunal.  The jejunal is in the small intestine.  The nasojejunal tube is more complex and has a few more risks than the nasogastric tube.  But, apparently, it's the best choice for me.   So let's talk about the actual procedure.  I knew from the beginning, when they squirted lidocaine in my two nostrils to kind of deaden it that it was going to be COMPLETELY horrible!!!  And then needed me to sniff it down to kind of deaden my throat, to make the tube a little more comfortable g...