Skip to main content

A Night with the Kiddos

This post is dedicated to all the funny things Zach and Chelsea had to say while spending the night with me.  Mom and Dad had gone to a concert and so they spent the night with me.  Ted was in Colorado - so it was just the three of us:

I bought them each a little something because the had kind of outgrown the toys that we have at the house:
Me:  I got you each a prize.
Zach:  Please DON'T let it be socks.

Chelsea had been drawing a picture.  She came to show it to me.  She had made a bunch of people.
Me:  Who are all of these people?
Chelsea - goes through and names tell me who they are, her and me and some others:  and this one is Papa, because this one is bald.

Chelsea gets into the freezer and comes out with Cool Whip - "can I eat this?  I won't eat it in your bed."  So I get her a juice bar instead, she chooses lime - and decides she is going to call it lemon.  "If I want another one, can I have another one?  If I'm not too wound up? What if it makes me calmer?"

In the morning - Chelsea wanted a bath.  She likes my garden tub.  I make them take turns choosing shows and tell her as soon as Ruby Gloom is over, she can go take her bath while Zach's show is on.  So, when she is all set in the tub, I ask Zach if he is going to want to take a bath and he says "can you tell Chelsea to take a long bath??" - which is translated as "I want to keep watching my shows, and I can do that as long as Chelsea stays in the tub".

They make me happy.  This is what life is all about.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CoCo's Journey - Ah, Shit!!!

I am exhausted.  Physically.  Mentally.  Is there anything else??  Because I'm sure that is exhausted, too. I went to the doctor today.  I knew it was going to be a lot of information.  I had made a list.  I had my notebook.  I printed out all of the information from my emergency room visit on Saturday to take with me.  Blood tests.  CT Scan.  Urine test.  Plus, I brought my CT scan from March, because I noticed on it that I have a small umbilical hernia.  I was ready.  And I knew what I needed to fight for. I also came armed with gifts.  I love this doctor and his medical assistant so much.  I took them a gift of tortilla chips and homemade salsa.  And I wrote a love note on the bag.  That is how much I appreciate him.  They both loved it.  It even made Hayley get a little weepy, cuz she was having a bad day. I gave him all of my documents, and he went through the blood tests and such fr...

CoCo's Journey - Pre-surgery thoughts

I've been hanging out in my house for the most part.  Hiding from germs.  Hiding from phlegm.  Hiding from coughs.  Hiding from sneezes.  Hiding from snot. Trying to stay healthy until surgery day.  Not that I can hide very well.  Roommate daughter is literally coughing a lung up.  So, she can only hang out with me if she is wearing a mask.  I am bathing in hand sanitizer when I remember.  I'm taking elderberry gummies with a bunch of zinc and vitamin C in order to boost my immunities.   Poor Roommate. Not that I would know much if I did have a cold.  My nose has been running constantly since the day Jeff was pushed up my nostril.  I have a constant sore throat, due to the tube rubbing in the back of my throat.  The worst part is when I'm laying down and roll onto my left side.  It starts to move around and I feel like I'm choking.  It doesn't do it every time, but most of the time.  And I don...

CoCo's Journey - Sleeping with Jeff AND Camilla

  Well, the day has come and gone.  I got my new and fancy attachment coming out of my face.  It was a horrible experience.  I thought I was going to go absolutely insane and take out the people putting it in me.  But, let's talk about it real quick. I got an NJ tube.  I thought I was going to be getting an NG tube.  What is an NJ tube?  It's a tube for feeding that is placed through the nose and snaked down past the stomach and into the jejunal.  The jejunal is in the small intestine.  The nasojejunal tube is more complex and has a few more risks than the nasogastric tube.  But, apparently, it's the best choice for me.   So let's talk about the actual procedure.  I knew from the beginning, when they squirted lidocaine in my two nostrils to kind of deaden it that it was going to be COMPLETELY horrible!!!  And then needed me to sniff it down to kind of deaden my throat, to make the tube a little more comfortable g...