Skip to main content

What - it's been a year already?? Since I said HAPPY BIRTHDAY CRYSTAL!!

I have this awesome daughter. Her name is Crystal. She was sent to me thirty years ago today. She is sweet. She is loving. She is pretty. She is adorable. She is amazing. She is awesome. She is giving. She is skinny. She is stubborn. She is smart. She is savvy. She is gorgeous. She is intelligent. She is wonderful.

I have said several times in the past, it's going to be harder for me when she turns 30 than when I turn 50. Well, she just turned 30 and I have to say it's not as bad I was figuring. I was expecting to spend the last week and a half in bed, covers over my head, chanting over and over again how I was suddenly old. I thought briefly
about just letting my hair go gray to show how old I really am. Go out and buy some granny panties and some old lady clothes. But, I don't have to do that. Which, I have to say, I am really happy about. I don't think I'm ready for gray hair, granny panties and dementia yet. Have eight months to confront 50 and five years and four months until my baby boy hits the 30 mark. So, I guess I better start planning now for that.

In the meantime, I want Crystal to know how much I love her, how much I adore her, how much I appreciate her, how much she amazes me by what she stands for, how she is an awesome mother and wife. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect daughter.

Comments

  1. I love you and I don't think I am old and I sure don't think you are old! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh. You are one proud mama.
    AND, 30 or 50 is not old. Just say'n.

    Natalie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

CoCo's Journey - Ah, Shit!!!

I am exhausted.  Physically.  Mentally.  Is there anything else??  Because I'm sure that is exhausted, too. I went to the doctor today.  I knew it was going to be a lot of information.  I had made a list.  I had my notebook.  I printed out all of the information from my emergency room visit on Saturday to take with me.  Blood tests.  CT Scan.  Urine test.  Plus, I brought my CT scan from March, because I noticed on it that I have a small umbilical hernia.  I was ready.  And I knew what I needed to fight for. I also came armed with gifts.  I love this doctor and his medical assistant so much.  I took them a gift of tortilla chips and homemade salsa.  And I wrote a love note on the bag.  That is how much I appreciate him.  They both loved it.  It even made Hayley get a little weepy, cuz she was having a bad day. I gave him all of my documents, and he went through the blood tests and such fr...

CoCo's Journey - Pre-surgery thoughts

I've been hanging out in my house for the most part.  Hiding from germs.  Hiding from phlegm.  Hiding from coughs.  Hiding from sneezes.  Hiding from snot. Trying to stay healthy until surgery day.  Not that I can hide very well.  Roommate daughter is literally coughing a lung up.  So, she can only hang out with me if she is wearing a mask.  I am bathing in hand sanitizer when I remember.  I'm taking elderberry gummies with a bunch of zinc and vitamin C in order to boost my immunities.   Poor Roommate. Not that I would know much if I did have a cold.  My nose has been running constantly since the day Jeff was pushed up my nostril.  I have a constant sore throat, due to the tube rubbing in the back of my throat.  The worst part is when I'm laying down and roll onto my left side.  It starts to move around and I feel like I'm choking.  It doesn't do it every time, but most of the time.  And I don...

CoCo's Journey - Sleeping with Jeff AND Camilla

  Well, the day has come and gone.  I got my new and fancy attachment coming out of my face.  It was a horrible experience.  I thought I was going to go absolutely insane and take out the people putting it in me.  But, let's talk about it real quick. I got an NJ tube.  I thought I was going to be getting an NG tube.  What is an NJ tube?  It's a tube for feeding that is placed through the nose and snaked down past the stomach and into the jejunal.  The jejunal is in the small intestine.  The nasojejunal tube is more complex and has a few more risks than the nasogastric tube.  But, apparently, it's the best choice for me.   So let's talk about the actual procedure.  I knew from the beginning, when they squirted lidocaine in my two nostrils to kind of deaden it that it was going to be COMPLETELY horrible!!!  And then needed me to sniff it down to kind of deaden my throat, to make the tube a little more comfortable g...