Skip to main content

What a DAY!! or two!!!

This story starts out yesterday morning. I had my "routine preventative office visit" at my doctor. First thing, the medical assistant take my blood pressure and it was like 145 over 92. I said, uh uh - no way. So she takes it again - took it down to 138 over 86. The last thing in the world I need is for my doctor to say I have high blood pressure - so I was glad it got down a bit the second time. When he comes in, we start the discussion with anything going on with you - any problems. I tell him the usual, back hurts, shoulders hurt, neck hurts. I also tell him that I think I am starting menopause and he says he was gonna ask, after all - I will be FIFTY soon. He asks what symptoms I have - I list a couple; dry skin, lack of libido, insomnia. He says there are hormone pills and there are sleeping pills - but I really am not interested in more chemicals entering my body and doing who knows what, especially hormones. So, he suggests soy powder or any other soy products. He said that studies noticed that Asian woman have less problems with the side effects of menopause. They attribute it to the increased soy intake. He also indicates that women who exercise have less issues, too - especially with the sex drive thing (I figure with that little bit of information, Ted will be dragging ME to water aerobics!!) He also asks if I still have stomach issues - Which I do. He says that I will be due for a colonoscopy next year, so we'll just have them do a scope of my upper GI when they do the other end. Oh great, tubes upstairs - tubes downstairs!!

So, it gave me the desire to get my focus back - I haven't had it for a while. So, I went to the store and got my soy powder. I got me lots and lots of fruit. I have never really been a watermelon fan - but, holy crap, I've been craving watermelon and this one I got at Costco is mighty tasty!! Ted and I went to water aerobics last night, for the first time in a few weeks.

Now, let me tell you about my mom. My mom is 83 and skinny as a rail She wasn't always this way, but, she had a gastric bypass surgery about 30 years ago. She has always stayed skinny since then. She is active, she walks, she uses her stationary bike, she eats like a bird. But, she COOKS TOO MUCH!! When she does this, she tries to give me the leftovers - I am sure she offers them to others, too. So, last week when we my brother and I were over there working on her yard, she told me she wanted me to take her leftover carrot cake home. I told her I didn't want it, because I would eat it. She told me to take it home to Ted. I told her no, because Ted is fat, too and doesn't need it either. Well, today, I am over there and she has a berry cobbler there and wants me to take it home. I tried leaving without it - but, she made me take it home anyway. When I got it home, I opened up the old Cool Whip container and looked at it. Stuck my finger in it to give it a taste and realized if it was in my house, I would eat the entire thing. I love sweets and if they are in my house, I will eat them. I threw it in my trash. My mom sent it home "so it wouldn't go to waste". Sorry, mom, it's waste. I just can't have it there.

I decided to go ride the stationary bike at the fitness center. I set a goal of 45 minutes plus a 5 minute cool down. I went 18 miles on that stationary bike.
I was pretty impressed with myself. I sweat like I haven't sweat in a long time - oh, I remember, spin class!! I did reward myself, I went an got myself some more workout gear and a pair of capris afterward. Eh, I deserved it.

POST SCRIPT!! I posted this blog and as soon as I did, there was an ad next to it about menopause - HOLY CRAP, I swear that is the fastest filter ever!!

Comments

  1. Hmmmm. I bet there are people at work that would love your mom's desserts!! Just say'n.

    Natalie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Me!!

I turned 49 a year ago tomorrow.  I was all right with that.  I didn't really care.  But, about a couple of months after that, I realized that in less than a year I would be 50.  When my daughter turned 30, it really was a horrible feeling.  How could I have a 30-year-old daughter??  I am not old enough to have a 30-year-old daughter.  I also had to deal with my baby boy getting married last year - which made me feel like I really was getting older. I think it was after Crystal's birthday that I devised a plan.  I was going to take a couple of days off, I was going to get a hotel room - a hotel with a pool - and I was just going to hide out and ride it out.  I had it all figured out. Well, I decided that my kids might be a bit upset with me that I did this.  So, I went back to Plan B - I would do my usual and plan a "kids" birthday for me so that the entire family, including Zach and Chelsea, could have a good time.  I thought of going to Planet Play and setti

The Haunting

It's been a weird few days. I don't know what set me off. But, I've been thinking about Ted a lot. Mostly, I've been thinking about the night he died. And everything that happened that night. One of the girls I worked with lost her husband suddenly a couple of days ago. I'm not sure if that's what set me off - no, I'm pretty sure it is. So I've been going through old blog posts about our trips together. Looking at memories of our times together. We just had fun together and we just loved each other. Anyway, I've been reliving the night he died. Thinking about it pretty consistently. And the things that happened are truly haunting me. Like, how did he get where he was?? He and I had been sitting together and had literally just had an interaction. The interaction was, please sit back, you're blocking my view of the movie. And it was all done in hand gestures. But it was just so Ted. Completely and totally so Ted. Not even a few

First Date - - End of an Era!

It's no secret that Ted and I met on the internet. We jibbered and jabbered via Match.Com a few times and then he sent me his phone number. We won't go into details about what made me give him a call, other than I was in need of a boost. I gave him a call and he was "busy" for a bit working on his carbuerator (yes, I was shunned aside for a carbuerator) and he asked if he could call me back later. Well, he did call me later that night and we made arrangements to meet at Denny's on 3500 South and 2200 West the next afternoon. No, it wasn't a four-star restaurant, but it was a way for either of us to run or make excuses if things were not going well. We sat there for a few hours; I drank Diet Coke and Ted drank Iced Tea. We talked, mostly Ted talked, about stuff I had absolutely no clue about; I tease him a lot about everything he says pretty much floats above my head, because I have no idea what he is talking about. That was October 10, 2004. After a w