Skip to main content

Day 7 - Your Favorite Childhood Toys

Barbie
Giggles
Ya know - whoever came up with this challenge didn't realize such an old, elderly woman would be doing this. They want me to reach into the abyss of memories from long, long, long ago.  My gosh, I can barely remember the toys I had, played with, loved.

The more recent memory is I was a crazy Barbie fan.  I loved playing with Barbies.  One of my favorite things in the world was two different Christmases waking to find these little suitcases FULL of handmade Barbie clothes.  I absolutely loved having all these Barbie clothes.  It was so awesome.  I also remember having a Barbie airplane and a Barbie motorhome.  Those are my very favorite Barbie memories.

Drowsy 
Before that, what I remember was dolls.  Baby dolls.  Sweet, lovable baby dolls.  Two come to mind - Giggles and Drowsey.  Giggles was an adorable baby - you wiggled her arms back and forth and she would giggle and laugh.  Drowsey was a doll that had a soft body and regular doll head.  She also had a pull string and when you pulled it she would say stuff like, "I'm so sleepy" and "is it nap time".



But, I think the thing I remember the very most and with the most fondest memories was my teddy bear.  It was this little brown bear - I don't even know if it was mine to begin with or one of my siblings.  It was a fur bear, but, it wasn't very soft - the fur was actually wirey and rough.  It had these two black beady eyes.  It was probably the ugliest thing in the world. I washed it one time - but, when I did, it was before we had a dryer - - it made the fur even more wirey and I don't think it ever dried again - even four or five years later.  I remember I kept this thing forever, probably until I moved out.  Now, all these years later, it reminds me of how hideous it really was.  It was nasty, ugly.  But, for some reason, it was the thing that went on my bed (when it was made), it was the thing I snuggled at night (until it was all mildewy smelling from never drying), it was my fondest childhood toy.

Is it just me - or am I boring??  UGH!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CoCo's Journey - Ah, Shit!!!

I am exhausted.  Physically.  Mentally.  Is there anything else??  Because I'm sure that is exhausted, too. I went to the doctor today.  I knew it was going to be a lot of information.  I had made a list.  I had my notebook.  I printed out all of the information from my emergency room visit on Saturday to take with me.  Blood tests.  CT Scan.  Urine test.  Plus, I brought my CT scan from March, because I noticed on it that I have a small umbilical hernia.  I was ready.  And I knew what I needed to fight for. I also came armed with gifts.  I love this doctor and his medical assistant so much.  I took them a gift of tortilla chips and homemade salsa.  And I wrote a love note on the bag.  That is how much I appreciate him.  They both loved it.  It even made Hayley get a little weepy, cuz she was having a bad day. I gave him all of my documents, and he went through the blood tests and such fr...

CoCo's Journey - Pre-surgery thoughts

I've been hanging out in my house for the most part.  Hiding from germs.  Hiding from phlegm.  Hiding from coughs.  Hiding from sneezes.  Hiding from snot. Trying to stay healthy until surgery day.  Not that I can hide very well.  Roommate daughter is literally coughing a lung up.  So, she can only hang out with me if she is wearing a mask.  I am bathing in hand sanitizer when I remember.  I'm taking elderberry gummies with a bunch of zinc and vitamin C in order to boost my immunities.   Poor Roommate. Not that I would know much if I did have a cold.  My nose has been running constantly since the day Jeff was pushed up my nostril.  I have a constant sore throat, due to the tube rubbing in the back of my throat.  The worst part is when I'm laying down and roll onto my left side.  It starts to move around and I feel like I'm choking.  It doesn't do it every time, but most of the time.  And I don...

CoCo's Journey - Sleeping with Jeff AND Camilla

  Well, the day has come and gone.  I got my new and fancy attachment coming out of my face.  It was a horrible experience.  I thought I was going to go absolutely insane and take out the people putting it in me.  But, let's talk about it real quick. I got an NJ tube.  I thought I was going to be getting an NG tube.  What is an NJ tube?  It's a tube for feeding that is placed through the nose and snaked down past the stomach and into the jejunal.  The jejunal is in the small intestine.  The nasojejunal tube is more complex and has a few more risks than the nasogastric tube.  But, apparently, it's the best choice for me.   So let's talk about the actual procedure.  I knew from the beginning, when they squirted lidocaine in my two nostrils to kind of deaden it that it was going to be COMPLETELY horrible!!!  And then needed me to sniff it down to kind of deaden my throat, to make the tube a little more comfortable g...