Skip to main content

Day 4 - Your Thoughts On Religion

This is something that is very difficult for me.  I hate the subject.  Arguments ensue when religion and politics are discussed.  Wars are fought over religious beliefs.  Lives are lost over the fight of ideologies.  And - I hate the thought that because I express these thoughts, I will end up offending one, ten or the masses.  I hate this whole subject and nearly had a panic attack at the thought of even writing about this subject - so I am going to do my post - but, I may not give the post the attention that the challenge desires, nor probably deserves.

First and foremost - I am not religious.  I am not religious at all.  I have no desire to be religious.  At this point, I am apologizing to those who are shocked and dismayed at what I have to say.

However, that does not take away from the fact that I am devoutly spiritual in my beliefs, I just don't believe I have to go to a building to express those thoughts.  I feel that what I do in this life does reflect on what happens after this life is over - and I truly hope that I am a good person.  I respect my elders.  I put in an honest days labor when I am at work - and I feel I do my share of the work load; I even feel I go above and beyond when given the chance.  I love my family and they are first, foremost and integral in pretty much every step I take in my existence.  I try to be honest in everything I do, but, I am not above telling a white lie when it means sparing someone's feelings and doesn't damage something otherwise.  I pay my bills - for the most part on time, but, I have been known to be tardy (mostly out of laziness - not in an attempt to defraud or withhold).

But, I do have that side of me that is not so good - I can swear like a sailor, I can make inappropriate statements, I overeat, I lose my temper and patience, I may be judgmental at times, I have a tendency to gossip with friends and I enjoy an adult beverage and sitting at the penny slots when I get a chance.  Does that mean I am going to Hell - I don't think so - but, who knows?  I don't.

Only those that have left before us know the truth of what is going to happen to us once we are gone.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CoCo's Journey - Ah, Shit!!!

I am exhausted.  Physically.  Mentally.  Is there anything else??  Because I'm sure that is exhausted, too. I went to the doctor today.  I knew it was going to be a lot of information.  I had made a list.  I had my notebook.  I printed out all of the information from my emergency room visit on Saturday to take with me.  Blood tests.  CT Scan.  Urine test.  Plus, I brought my CT scan from March, because I noticed on it that I have a small umbilical hernia.  I was ready.  And I knew what I needed to fight for. I also came armed with gifts.  I love this doctor and his medical assistant so much.  I took them a gift of tortilla chips and homemade salsa.  And I wrote a love note on the bag.  That is how much I appreciate him.  They both loved it.  It even made Hayley get a little weepy, cuz she was having a bad day. I gave him all of my documents, and he went through the blood tests and such fr...

CoCo's Journey - Pre-surgery thoughts

I've been hanging out in my house for the most part.  Hiding from germs.  Hiding from phlegm.  Hiding from coughs.  Hiding from sneezes.  Hiding from snot. Trying to stay healthy until surgery day.  Not that I can hide very well.  Roommate daughter is literally coughing a lung up.  So, she can only hang out with me if she is wearing a mask.  I am bathing in hand sanitizer when I remember.  I'm taking elderberry gummies with a bunch of zinc and vitamin C in order to boost my immunities.   Poor Roommate. Not that I would know much if I did have a cold.  My nose has been running constantly since the day Jeff was pushed up my nostril.  I have a constant sore throat, due to the tube rubbing in the back of my throat.  The worst part is when I'm laying down and roll onto my left side.  It starts to move around and I feel like I'm choking.  It doesn't do it every time, but most of the time.  And I don...

CoCo's Journey - Sleeping with Jeff AND Camilla

  Well, the day has come and gone.  I got my new and fancy attachment coming out of my face.  It was a horrible experience.  I thought I was going to go absolutely insane and take out the people putting it in me.  But, let's talk about it real quick. I got an NJ tube.  I thought I was going to be getting an NG tube.  What is an NJ tube?  It's a tube for feeding that is placed through the nose and snaked down past the stomach and into the jejunal.  The jejunal is in the small intestine.  The nasojejunal tube is more complex and has a few more risks than the nasogastric tube.  But, apparently, it's the best choice for me.   So let's talk about the actual procedure.  I knew from the beginning, when they squirted lidocaine in my two nostrils to kind of deaden it that it was going to be COMPLETELY horrible!!!  And then needed me to sniff it down to kind of deaden my throat, to make the tube a little more comfortable g...