Skip to main content

Stepping Outside My Box

I had a great day.  My day has me walking on air.  It has me feeling euphoric.  It has me happy.  Today was an amazing day.

The work project I put my blood, sweat, tears and heart into graduated today. It's not a person, but, it was like my baby.  I've watched it grow.  I watched it mature.  Today, I watched it graduate.  And, it is pretty much valedictorian.  That made my day.

Then, I had to step outside my comfort zone.  I had to do something that I wasn't sure I would be able to do with any type of flair.  I am used to speaking in front of groups of people - when I am doing our testing process for new hire prospects, I have a twenty minute orientation and it's in front of about twelve people.  When I used to do POST classes, I would have groups to about twenty, but it was the same thing every time.

There is a national conference in town and I was scheduled to teach with my partner in the project.  I was the lead in the class.  It was a breakout session, thank goodness, not in front of everyone.  There were about thirty people there, maybe a little more or maybe a little less.  I walked in confident, I walked in secure, I walked in like I knew what I was doing.  That all worked until there was a microphone clipped on me.  I was not real confident or secure at that point.  I started out a little shaky - - BUT - - things got better.  I felt great when it was done.

It was just an awesome day, topped off by dinner with my guy and filling up with gas for $3.00 a gallon, when it's $3.49 every where else!!!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

CoCo's Journey - Ah, Shit!!!

I am exhausted.  Physically.  Mentally.  Is there anything else??  Because I'm sure that is exhausted, too. I went to the doctor today.  I knew it was going to be a lot of information.  I had made a list.  I had my notebook.  I printed out all of the information from my emergency room visit on Saturday to take with me.  Blood tests.  CT Scan.  Urine test.  Plus, I brought my CT scan from March, because I noticed on it that I have a small umbilical hernia.  I was ready.  And I knew what I needed to fight for. I also came armed with gifts.  I love this doctor and his medical assistant so much.  I took them a gift of tortilla chips and homemade salsa.  And I wrote a love note on the bag.  That is how much I appreciate him.  They both loved it.  It even made Hayley get a little weepy, cuz she was having a bad day. I gave him all of my documents, and he went through the blood tests and such fr...

CoCo's Journey - Pre-surgery thoughts

I've been hanging out in my house for the most part.  Hiding from germs.  Hiding from phlegm.  Hiding from coughs.  Hiding from sneezes.  Hiding from snot. Trying to stay healthy until surgery day.  Not that I can hide very well.  Roommate daughter is literally coughing a lung up.  So, she can only hang out with me if she is wearing a mask.  I am bathing in hand sanitizer when I remember.  I'm taking elderberry gummies with a bunch of zinc and vitamin C in order to boost my immunities.   Poor Roommate. Not that I would know much if I did have a cold.  My nose has been running constantly since the day Jeff was pushed up my nostril.  I have a constant sore throat, due to the tube rubbing in the back of my throat.  The worst part is when I'm laying down and roll onto my left side.  It starts to move around and I feel like I'm choking.  It doesn't do it every time, but most of the time.  And I don...

CoCo's Journey - Sleeping with Jeff AND Camilla

  Well, the day has come and gone.  I got my new and fancy attachment coming out of my face.  It was a horrible experience.  I thought I was going to go absolutely insane and take out the people putting it in me.  But, let's talk about it real quick. I got an NJ tube.  I thought I was going to be getting an NG tube.  What is an NJ tube?  It's a tube for feeding that is placed through the nose and snaked down past the stomach and into the jejunal.  The jejunal is in the small intestine.  The nasojejunal tube is more complex and has a few more risks than the nasogastric tube.  But, apparently, it's the best choice for me.   So let's talk about the actual procedure.  I knew from the beginning, when they squirted lidocaine in my two nostrils to kind of deaden it that it was going to be COMPLETELY horrible!!!  And then needed me to sniff it down to kind of deaden my throat, to make the tube a little more comfortable g...