Skip to main content

Battle of the Sexes - for Seven "Long" Years

It really isn't long.  It just didn't sound right without the word long.

Anyway - today is my anniversary.  My and Ted's anniversary.  We got married seven years ago.  I don't and never regret the event - even though there are times I literally look him in the eye and say, "What the hell did we get married for - we are nothing alike!!".  And he calmly looks at me and smiles and says, "That's what makes us good together - opposites attract".

It's no secret that Ted and I got married at an older age.  He had one grandson - and my first grandson was just about four months old.  Obviously, we weren't "spring chickens".  I have to say though, getting married at an older age is by far one of the biggest adjustments that anyone in this world will have to make.  Does the term "set in their ways" mean anything to anyone?  Ted and I still have our battles about stuff - even seven years later.  The whole toilet seat battle goes on and on and on and on.  Ted was alone for sixteen years, he never had to worry about putting the toilet seat down unless HE was going to sit on it.  I had been alone for five years, one male in the family - who was smart enough that if he had the seat up - he didn't want three women chasing him down and telling him that it's inconsiderate to leave it up. Here is a script of last fight:

Me:  "Ted, I just fell into the toilet again"
Ted:  "I will probably go six times to your one time - so it just makes sense to keep it up"
Me:  "When I have to go, I have to go, and I don't have time to see if the seat is down and push it down"
Ted: "Would you rather I pee on the seat?"
The best part is now - he has noticed that in the middle of the night, if I have to get up - I have a tendency to SLAM the seat down.  His response is the SLAM it up.  Apparently, this battle is not going anywhere any time soon.

These are the stupid little things you have to put up with when you get married at an older age.  I know that it's possible to fight about this very thing if you are younger, but, it seems that you find a way - BEFORE SEVEN YEARS - to come to a decent conclusion (or in other words, beat your husband into submission).

Here is a little list of opposites:


  • He is spontaneous - I am a planner.
  • He is republican - I am democrat.
  • He is a collector - I am a purger.
  • He is thrifty and will buy ANYTHING if he thinks he is getting a bargain - I like the little better things in life (I feel I deserve it).
  • He is sci-fi - I am comedy.
  • He is a nerd - I am not.
  • He thinks he is funny - most the time I think he's not.  (he does have his moments)
The truth of the matter is, with the exception of the toilet seat battle, he is probably one of the sweetest guys in the entire world.  He would do anything for me.  He adores me and treats me like a queen.  But, on the other hand, he gets treated pretty good himself and I absolutely love him to pieces.  He is just an all around awesome man. 
  
Happy Anniversary Baby, I love you.  I can't imagine spending the rest of my life with anyone else - let the adventures continue.

Comments

  1. Ski- This is awesome! Happy Anniversary of the 7 yr. itch! Just kidding! Have a great day, do something fun and have lots of SEX!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Muffie, I am very happy for you and I hope you enjoy the next 7 years just as much.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

CoCo's Journey - Ah, Shit!!!

I am exhausted.  Physically.  Mentally.  Is there anything else??  Because I'm sure that is exhausted, too. I went to the doctor today.  I knew it was going to be a lot of information.  I had made a list.  I had my notebook.  I printed out all of the information from my emergency room visit on Saturday to take with me.  Blood tests.  CT Scan.  Urine test.  Plus, I brought my CT scan from March, because I noticed on it that I have a small umbilical hernia.  I was ready.  And I knew what I needed to fight for. I also came armed with gifts.  I love this doctor and his medical assistant so much.  I took them a gift of tortilla chips and homemade salsa.  And I wrote a love note on the bag.  That is how much I appreciate him.  They both loved it.  It even made Hayley get a little weepy, cuz she was having a bad day. I gave him all of my documents, and he went through the blood tests and such fr...

CoCo's Journey - Pre-surgery thoughts

I've been hanging out in my house for the most part.  Hiding from germs.  Hiding from phlegm.  Hiding from coughs.  Hiding from sneezes.  Hiding from snot. Trying to stay healthy until surgery day.  Not that I can hide very well.  Roommate daughter is literally coughing a lung up.  So, she can only hang out with me if she is wearing a mask.  I am bathing in hand sanitizer when I remember.  I'm taking elderberry gummies with a bunch of zinc and vitamin C in order to boost my immunities.   Poor Roommate. Not that I would know much if I did have a cold.  My nose has been running constantly since the day Jeff was pushed up my nostril.  I have a constant sore throat, due to the tube rubbing in the back of my throat.  The worst part is when I'm laying down and roll onto my left side.  It starts to move around and I feel like I'm choking.  It doesn't do it every time, but most of the time.  And I don...

CoCo's Journey - Sleeping with Jeff AND Camilla

  Well, the day has come and gone.  I got my new and fancy attachment coming out of my face.  It was a horrible experience.  I thought I was going to go absolutely insane and take out the people putting it in me.  But, let's talk about it real quick. I got an NJ tube.  I thought I was going to be getting an NG tube.  What is an NJ tube?  It's a tube for feeding that is placed through the nose and snaked down past the stomach and into the jejunal.  The jejunal is in the small intestine.  The nasojejunal tube is more complex and has a few more risks than the nasogastric tube.  But, apparently, it's the best choice for me.   So let's talk about the actual procedure.  I knew from the beginning, when they squirted lidocaine in my two nostrils to kind of deaden it that it was going to be COMPLETELY horrible!!!  And then needed me to sniff it down to kind of deaden my throat, to make the tube a little more comfortable g...